Author

Topic: UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread - page 848. (Read 129790 times)

Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
January 01, 2021, 01:51:54 PM
Young players can counter-attack very quickly. But older players are a bit slow. In Seria A, all teams play attacking football. It is very important to make a quick counter attack in the champions league. Although there are many older players at Juventus, everyone's fitness is still great. But in the next few seasons, they will face serious problems if they do not have young talented players in their team.
Their great form is only seen in Serie A. In the Champions League, they are not that great. Compared to Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Juventus is not that strong.

Not necessarily. My team does quite well on counter and we have Son and Kane who were probably not as fast as they used to be,,, but much quicker in mentality and thinking, with the experience to see the right openings which as youngsters, can be bery hard to see.

Juventus is a not exact example but yes in general the past 2 seasons have seen the oldest players score goals as counter in Serie A. I would not say they are worse in UCL though,,, Atalanta and Napoli both gave Liverpool such a hard time remember?
Older players do not play worse than younger players, there is no logic like that anywhere in the world, if you are older you are older that doesn't change anything compared to others, it only changes compared to yourself. For example if you are Zlatan at age 40, that means you are still better than almost every other scorer in the world, maaaaybe some argument could be made for few others, but he is still much better than most others, you could have 15-30 year olds and anything between and they would still be worse.

This doesn't mean Zlatan wasn't better when he was 28, he could be better when he was 28, but that is only compared to himself. Juventus has Ronaldo for example, still better than many other players in the world, sure he may not be as good as he used to be himself, but he that is only compared to himself. We have to remember this when we look at their age.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
January 01, 2021, 01:37:57 PM
Anyway

most funny game, in my humble opinion of fan of football, is Barcellona vs PSG

hard game and i hope fun game

I sincerely hope that the other matches are also good
on this round I see many games that are difficult to predict.. only one easy Lazio vs Bayern Monaco
Maybe it will be revenge for PSG when they meet Barcelona, ​​they still have a grudge when Barcelona was able to come back after losing a landslide score in the first leg, Barcelona was able to score 5 goals against PSG when appearing in the second leg at Camp Nou. This match will be a reunion for PSG to continue their positive trend after losing to Bayern in the final last season. But still have many time for both team to get new player before champion league next stage begin on  February.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
January 01, 2021, 12:33:26 PM
Juventus can be considered a kind of outsider for this Champions League. We are fighting over our personal opinions really: I believe the odds of them winning are very good and I took my chances. They remind me Milan in 2002-03 when they won CL against all the odds  Wink

Juventus are definitely good enough to win the CL. They have many good players, any team that has CR7 is capable of winning it. The thing about the CL is that it’s just so tough to win, there are at least 6 or 7 teams with the quality to become champions.

Juventus just lost 0-3 to a medium quality team like Fiorentina and with this kind of mentality they won’t go very far in the Champions League.Someone might say that they will play far more seriously in Champions but I think how a team perform in their league if it is in one of the top five of Europe which Juventus is,is a really good benchmark for the team.

It was their first lost in Serie A this season and it does not means that they have bad mentality. What they have shown on CL is even better than what they have shown on Serie A.
Sometime form of a team on their local league is the opposite of their form on other league.
Other example, Arsenal which is so bad on EPL but they did it very well on Europa League (you may argue about the quality of other teams on the group stage of Europa League).
One more example, Manchester United which is better than Arsenal on EPL but they did it very bad on CL.
All in all, we cant rely on their performance on their local league only when we are talking about bigger competition.

Yea right. And no noe can really count Juve out of winning their domestic league again this season. Judging by their position in the league thus far.

They doing really great.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
January 01, 2021, 12:32:01 PM

And I don't think Pirlo has the managerial chops to face and outfox the likes of Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Zidane and even Nagelsmann in a tourney set up.
Exactly, Pirlo just new coach, no one know his real capability as a coach, Juventus take a risk when hire him. as MCobian say, for now, Juventus qualified to the Round 16 is a good results for Pirlo and Juve . In serie a, Pirlo just lose from Fiorentina. This results changed my mind, I thought Juventus would have been worse, the fact, there is a good progress on Juve. Next match they will meet Porto, this team condition are better than Barcelona in domestic league, my prediction 2-1 for Juve
Pirlo is a new coach so I don't think anyone knows for sure his capacity to face other senior coaches, in Serie A Juventus are in 6th position with a very large poin difference with AC Milan this has changed my mindset whether Juventus will face so much pressure in this season? In fact, I'm not sure everything will go smoothly while Milan are now on a good track.

I want to see in the last 16 whether Juventus can get past it with some famous coaches? this is even a tough challenge for Juventus.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1603
hmph..
January 01, 2021, 12:21:37 PM

And I don't think Pirlo has the managerial chops to face and outfox the likes of Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Zidane and even Nagelsmann in a tourney set up.
Exactly, Pirlo just new coach, no one know his real capability as a coach, Juventus take a risk when hire him. as MCobian say, for now, Juventus qualified to the Round 16 is a good results for Pirlo and Juve . In serie a, Pirlo just lose from Fiorentina. This results changed my mind, I thought Juventus would have been worse, the fact, there is a good progress on Juve. Next match they will meet Porto, this team condition are better than Barcelona in domestic league, my prediction 2-1 for Juve
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
January 01, 2021, 11:49:46 AM
Their great form is only seen in Serie A. In the Champions League, they are not that great. Compared to Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Juventus is not that strong.
I don't think Juventus not good in UCL, because they are already proven before. Juventus going to quarter final in 2018/19, 2017/18, going to final 2016/17. going to quarter final is a good enough, since some top clubs failed in Round 16, even they are failed to get a title in final. IMO. They always play as good as they can in UCL, if they are failed in any round, it's doesn't mean not good. This season Juventus improved slowly, i think they are have a chance to going to semifinals, if their performance consistent.

I think Juventus has a pretty good performance in the Champions League, proof of being the winner of Group G beating Barcelona as the favorite
in that group. And Juventus achievements now in round 16 must be appreciated, because with a new coach being able to qualify for the group and
reaching round 16 is an achievement in my opinion. Because Inter Milan failed to reach round 16, so don't say Juventus are not strong and not good
in the Champions League.  Give Juventus the opportunity to prove as a strong team, which indeed Juventus has a very good chance of reaching
the semifinals.

You have to consider that Barca has been sucking lately with all the back room problems and they're not even in the top 4 at La Liga.  Overall poor form.

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
January 01, 2021, 10:00:20 AM
Young players can counter-attack very quickly. But older players are a bit slow. In Seria A, all teams play attacking football. It is very important to make a quick counter attack in the champions league. Although there are many older players at Juventus, everyone's fitness is still great. But in the next few seasons, they will face serious problems if they do not have young talented players in their team.

Not necessarily. My team does quite well on counter and we have Son and Kane who were probably not as fast as they used to be,,, but much quicker in mentality and thinking, with the experience to see the right openings which as youngsters, can be bery hard to see.

Juventus is a not exact example but yes in general the past 2 seasons have seen the oldest players score goals as counter in Serie A. I would not say they are worse in UCL though,,, Atalanta and Napoli both gave Liverpool such a hard time remember?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
January 01, 2021, 09:06:20 AM
I don't think Juventus not good in UCL, because they are already proven before. Juventus going to quarter final in 2018/19, 2017/18, going to final 2016/17. going to quarter final is a good enough, since some top clubs failed in Round 16, even they are failed to get a title in final. IMO. They always play as good as they can in UCL, if they are failed in any round, it's doesn't mean not good. This season Juventus improved slowly, i think they are have a chance to going to semifinals, if their performance consistent.

I think Juventus has a pretty good performance in the Champions League, proof of being the winner of Group G beating Barcelona as the favorite
in that group. And Juventus achievements now in round 16 must be appreciated, because with a new coach being able to qualify for the group and
reaching round 16 is an achievement in my opinion. Because Inter Milan failed to reach round 16, so don't say Juventus are not strong and not good
in the Champions League.  Give Juventus the opportunity to prove as a strong team, which indeed Juventus has a very good chance of reaching
the semifinals.
legendary
January 01, 2021, 08:39:37 AM
I wonder why Man City is always over priced in the CL winner outright market.  They're at 4.98 at FJ and prolly not far up or down at other books. 

Solid spot is Bayern which the books have priced at 3.77.  The last few years, I think Bayern was never below 5 or 6.  Another solid spot could be Liverpool at 6.80...  The rest are kinda sketchy.
legendary
hmph..
January 01, 2021, 08:27:42 AM
Activity: 1974
Merit: 794
January 01, 2021, 07:34:19 AM
You are right. But older players do not allow playing at high speeds during a match. And in modern football, it is speed and endurance that decides the fate of any match. Juventus can count on its defense, but if the team is not able to carry out rapid counterattacks, then the result of the match will not be favor of Juventus.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 4343
The hacker spirit breaks any spell
December 31, 2020, 05:00:28 AM
Anyway

most funny game, in my humble opinion of fan of football, is Barcellona vs PSG

hard game and i hope fun game

I sincerely hope that the other matches are also good
on this round I see many games that are difficult to predict.. only one easy Lazio vs Bayern Monaco
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
December 30, 2020, 12:18:30 PM
The myth of the club that Ibra defended to win the champions league still continues today, of course the results are very bad, especially for AC Milan, which is defended by Ibra at this time, apart from not playing in the Champions League competition, of course with this myth they will fail to become champions in the champions league for as long as there is still ibra in the AC Milan squad, it has happened for Juventus, Barcelona to Inter Milan and even PSG failed to get good results in the champions league when it was strengthened by Ibra.

Like it or not, we do have to accept this myth, Ibra is indeed good and always performs optimally in all leagues, its proven in the club where he plays, the clubs can win in the domestic league, (still not sure for Milan this season will have the same fate as before). But, for UCL, I don't know what makes this trophy like staying away from Ibra. several times in the big team, could not bring him to win a trophy. When he was with Milan before, I hoped the myth would stop at Milan, but Milan not even going to Final. the only Europa trophy he get is UEL title, that has been achieved by Ibra while with MU.

Ibra is still very good yes. He also has extensive experience. physically he can not handle it now and then, but due to his talent and experience he can still be very important to a team. ac milan is reaching great heights again since joining that team. shame they can't be seen in the cl yet. maybe next season
legendary
hmph..
December 30, 2020, 11:32:40 AM
The myth of the club that Ibra defended to win the champions league still continues today, of course the results are very bad, especially for AC Milan, which is defended by Ibra at this time, apart from not playing in the Champions League competition, of course with this myth they will fail to become champions in the champions league for as long as there is still ibra in the AC Milan squad, it has happened for Juventus, Barcelona to Inter Milan and even PSG failed to get good results in the champions league when it was strengthened by Ibra.

Like it or not, we do have to accept this myth, Ibra is indeed good and always performs optimally in all leagues, its proven in the club where he plays, the clubs can win in the domestic league, (still not sure for Milan this season will have the same fate as before). But, for UCL, I don't know what makes this trophy like staying away from Ibra. several times in the big team, could not bring him to win a trophy. When he was with Milan before, I hoped the myth would stop at Milan, but Milan not even going to Final. the only Europa trophy he get is UEL title, that has been achieved by Ibra while with MU.
December 30, 2020, 09:52:03 AM
~
Ibra is kind of narcissist, a good player but hyping himself too much, that is one of his issues which is a characteristic of his personality and some people admire it.. CR7 is different than him. Back in Real Madrid, CR7 was endorsed by Benzema and Bale (in the past), this trio used to be destructive. A good midfielder is always important of course.

I know, is a narcisist, is violent and extreme rude.. but is strong and honest
i prefer an honest rude and not a guy like Caniggia (Italia 90) -- i hate simulation (for take penalities)

simulation mean you are smart, not strong or good to play football
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 4343
The hacker spirit breaks any spell
December 30, 2020, 07:31:59 AM
~
Ibra is kind of narcissist, a good player but hyping himself too much, that is one of his issues which is a characteristic of his personality and some people admire it.. CR7 is different than him. Back in Real Madrid, CR7 was endorsed by Benzema and Bale (in the past), this trio used to be destructive. A good midfielder is always important of course.

I know, is a narcisist, is violent and extreme rude.. but is strong and honest
i prefer an honest rude and not a guy like Caniggia (Italia 90) -- i hate simulation (for take penalities)

simulation mean you are smart, not strong or good to play football
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082
December 29, 2020, 03:10:03 PM
Another month and then the transfer list ends. Then you could still make transfers in January. I wonder what Messi will do. Maybe to his friend in Paris after all?
what if he do so, then he should not be allowed to play in the CL for PSG?

this was an old rule, starting from 2019 it is possible to play in the European cups players who have already played in other teams, purchased in the January market (I don't remember, however, if there is still the limit of 3 players per team).
But I really believe that Messi will end the season with Barcelona, ​​it would not make sense to leave earlier, it would also be a lack of respect for the fans
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
December 29, 2020, 01:52:32 PM
Another month and then the transfer list ends. Then you could still make transfers in January. I wonder what Messi will do. Maybe to his friend in Paris after all?
what if he do so, then he should not be allowed to play in the CL for PSG?
December 29, 2020, 12:56:22 PM
^  I think the 'Pogba to Juve' window has closed.  And with Pogba's recent performances with United, do big clubs really want to pay his huge wages?  I don't think so...  He'll need to do a pay cut.
There is still a chance for Pogba to return to Juventus, given that Andrea Pirlo really wants Pogba to replenish the Juventus midfield after Pjanic's departure. But in the January transfer market, it is very difficult to be realized considering the financial crisis facing Juventus at this time, maybe waiting for the end of the season transfer market because Juventus want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo and can take advantage to recruit Paul Pogba again.
legendary
December 29, 2020, 09:43:07 AM
^  I think the 'Pogba to Juve' window has closed.  And with Pogba's recent performances with United, do big clubs really want to pay his huge wages?  I don't think so...  He'll need to do a pay cut.
Jump to: