Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you do to calm down you're anger? - page 26. (Read 17420 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Counting 1-100 usually distracts me when I'm mad. Or sometimes I remove myself from the situation that caused my anger immediately before I do something stupid.
Activity: 328
Merit: 1
The angry moments I usually:
1. Relax to regain your composure
2. Apply the principle of "10 seconds"

You are "secret", indignant in the heart and just want to "let go", then cool down by breathing deeply and mentally count from 1 to 10. Counting this counts only for the children But when you count the number 10, your calm, calm also come back.
3. Share
4. Find fun at work
5. Read books
Activity: 47
Go for a smoke. It is bad, but it does help  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 83
I stay away from people and think of something that will make me happy. But sometimes I talk to someone I am comfortable with and I trusted so much and rant all the things that makes me angry and make me feel bad. With that I feel all the bad things gone especially my anger.
Activity: 39
I usually go for a coffee to breathe some fresh air.
Activity: 27
Most of the time, when you get so angry it's because that person said something in the conversation that "got" to you, or because that thing that upset you means something to you. I would recommend reading the book: Loving what is by Byron Katie.
It gives a few tips on how to control anger, and after a few trials (there is a sheet that you learn to fill) you start to learn more about yourself and that reaction "anger" and you learn to control it.
Hoping it helps
Activity: 70
when i get angry i'm looking for a quiet place away from people, then all my anger is spent in a quiet place.
Activity: 58
Distract yourself. It works the best for me. I have anger issues and I hold on to things more than needed. But taking your mind off of what made you mad at the first place, helps you deal with the problem with a calmer mind. So when you're angry, just hit the pause button and go out and watch TV or read a book or do anything which can distract you.
Activity: 98
To calm down my anger, I try to count from 10 to 0 very slowly. Also, I practice deep breathing.
Activity: 9
I often get anger on small things and i just just walk away from it and sometimes i just go alone by my self and play music. Listening music is all i do to calm down my anger Grin
Activity: 49
To vet rid of my anger, I try to change my environment for few moment. Go out for a walk, a coffee, do something that would cool me down.
Activity: 23
I always go outside to unwind and to calm myself when things are heated up, I want to distance myself to things that creates a commotion that leads to anger.
Activity: 154
Usually just trying to hit something and when i'm feeling pain anger dissapears.
Activity: 15
Lifting some weights can actually calm your anger so i do that
Activity: 18
I'm just Shouting like no one could hear me around just to release  those anger.
Activity: 9
Nothing  Sad one day I realized the anger is wasting your energy. You can use it for making good and enjoyable things, why should you anger? Stupid BF - not worth, damn boss - kindly ask him to go to hell or somewhere further Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Hello, yes I'm angry and irritated. But you have to be kinder first of all to yourself and people. In order to calm down, I need to breathe deeply and think about my family: my wife, my relatives and children.
P.S. Treat people like you want to be treated!
Activity: 30
I always feel like I don't have someone to talk to with my problems. So what I'm doing is, I tweet all my angers and problems with a different account where no one will recognize me.
It helps specially if you only want to express your feelings because no one will judge you Smiley
Activity: 140
It's as simple as playing a music or watch comedy video on YouTube. I will be fine.
Activity: 13
When angry or upset, I prefer to go and calm myself to the beach, play guitar, sing, while enjoying coffee of course
Pages:
Jump to: