Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 256. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2016, 10:13:07 AM
Admitted what precisely?

That you no longer support a view you held a few days ago. That members should expect you to say "I didn't really mean that" when you're losing an argument.

You are lost, that is fine.

One is a definition the other is a thing said out of the moment.

Do you want to make my thing said out of the moment a definition?

Best regards.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 10:10:29 AM
Admitted what precisely?

That you no longer support a view you held a few days ago. That members should expect you to say "I didn't really mean that" when you're losing an argument.

I never said that.

Yes, you said exactly that:

Something that worship an idol is not a Religion.

That was something said out of the moment.

That was not a definition.

Thank You.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:56:38 AM

No - thank you.

I'm not sure if you were being dishonest or if - in the heat of the moment - you'll just write whatever you think will win you an argument, but at least you have admitted it and that's the first step to recovery.

Admitted what precisely?

Tell him he is misinterpreting what you said.    Cheesy

I think this user is inferring that you think that Islam is the Religion of the Devil (muslims pray to the black stone).

Atheists rise a "logic question": do you think Islam is the Religion of the Devil?

You are not obliged to answer that question but it will give some understanding into this mess.

Thank You.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 15, 2016, 09:53:23 AM

I never said that.

Thank You.

I'm not Atheists and I don't have religion as well.

Do you believe in God?

Best regards.

Tell him he is misinterpreting what you said.    Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 15, 2016, 09:52:12 AM

I never said that.

Thank You.

stop backpedaling, you cant say whatever is convenient for you at the time and expect people to go along with you because you want them to. you said it, so why are you saying you didnt mean it only now? are you going to say you didnt mean it when you said you didnt mean it later on? i wouldnt be surprised.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 09:52:06 AM

I never said that.

Thank You.

No - thank you.

I'm not sure if you were being dishonest or if - in the heat of the moment - you'll just write whatever you think will win you an argument, but at least you have admitted it and that's the first step to recovery.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:47:02 AM

I never said that.

Thank You.

Do you believe in God?

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 15, 2016, 09:46:53 AM

But I think the Atheists are right about not having a religion instead in this cruel world, its just the cause of conflict when its nothing at all.
the Japanese don't believe a thing about Jesus, does Pope says they'd burn to hell?
Chinese don't believe about Islam, would the dragon burn them all in hell?
The people in the remote place don't even know who Jesus is, are they now in hell?
what about those people before Jesus came, are they just buried deep and god forgot and just leave them to rot?

more than half the world don't know anything about what these so call gods of each denominations.
TEll you, give huge money enough to buy freedom to go anywhere to those people who worship their GOD and they'll never remember who their gods are, they just sit on top of their yacht sipping cold coke.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 09:36:17 AM

I'm afraid of finding myself in a dead end. I'm afraid of giving my Faith to the wrong person.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You're not going to try justify your belief that, by definition, religions do not worship idols? These are your words, you know.

I never said that.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:31:55 AM
A question for you Legendary member of this community: are you trying to push user BADecker against me?
BADecker is against anyone that doesn't follow his specific cult exactly way he follows it. You'd be wise to distance yourself from him, he's not on your side.

He's on the side of God, that will make him on my same side.

Thank You.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
January 15, 2016, 09:29:22 AM
Notice that the energy that I used was in quotes. This means that I am using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly. Rather, I am using it to get an idea of sorts across.

The idea of measuring the amount of energy it takes for any mental process is probably something that many researchers are investigating.

How much energy does it take for the whole process whereby you sit there and write goofy stuff?

Smiley

What does it mean that you are "using the word in ways that may not always be defined directly"? Can you give examples of other words that cannot be "be defined directly"?
It means he's lost the argument and he's banging his head against a wall in frustration. Walk away. You won.

A question for you Legendary member of this community: are you trying to push user BADecker against me?
BADecker is against anyone that doesn't follow his specific cult exactly way he follows it. You'd be wise to distance yourself from him, he's not on your side.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:27:37 AM

I'm afraid of finding myself in a dead end. I'm afraid of giving my Faith to the wrong person.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You're not going to try justify your belief that, by definition, religions do not worship idols? These are your words, you know.

I never said that.

I said:

Religion is a set of dogmas on Faith.

That is the best definition I found so far of Religion.
This is the best definition: because have no reference to God in it, it only involves Faith (in God).

Thank You.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 09:25:16 AM

You focus on the Religion word because you have no faith in God.

Focus on what you need to focus instead of the Religion word which is very clear to me.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You still haven't answered the question so I'll rephrase it in the hope you'll understand it better. Do some religions worships idols or not?

Ask user BADecker: he's the one who want to save atheists!

That's a non-sequitur.

Do you have any intention of answering this one simple question? What is it you're afraid of?

Thank You.

Best regards.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:13:44 AM

That's a non-sequitur.

Do you have any intention of answering this one simple question? What is it you're afraid of?

Thank You.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 09:11:22 AM

Focus on what you need to focus instead of the Religion word which is very clear to me.

Thank You.

Best regards.

You still haven't answered the question so I'll rephrase it in the hope you'll understand it better. Do some religions worships idols or not?

That's a non-sequitur.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 09:06:49 AM

Thank You.

Best regards.

Quoting myself:

Faith: does it exist without God?

As you stated previously that you are an atheist, how do you relate to yourself the word Faith?

If and atheist reply to the questions above we can have a discussion, otherwise we are going to change the subject which is not a good methodology to come to a definition.

If we change the subject we are talking History not Science.

Thank You.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 09:03:32 AM
BitNow, it's quite simple.

You write:
Here the word Faith means faith in the Supreme.

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
    an image of a deity other than God.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

Thank You.

Best regards.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 08:57:51 AM

You write:

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

This is the best definition: because have no reference to God in it, it only involves Faith (in God).

Thank You.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 08:54:11 AM

You write:

idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 08:46:30 AM

You are not talking about atheism: so what are you talking about?

Idolatry of course. You were the one who brought it up. If you have already forgotten, just look a few pages back.

Atheism is a capital sin.
This definition is based on 2 facts:
1. Atheism is a sin of idolatry (Ex 20:3, 1st Commandement)
2. Punishment to idolatry (atheism) is death (Ex 32:4, Golden Calf episode)

Again: what are you talking about?

My question again: BADecker believes religions can worship idols, you believe they can't. Why should I believe you and not BADecker?

Believe regarding to what?

I'm an engineer not a priest.

In regard to this: BADecker believes religions can worship idols, you believe they can't, and why do you think you are correct and not BADecker?

Quoting myself:

Me and user BADecker are saying the same thing: atheism is idolatry, what we disagree is the punishment.
For me: atheism is a capital sin (punishment is death according to the Golden Calf episode Ex 32:4)
For user BADecker: he want to save all the atheist in the world...

And probably even more than that: we agree that atheism is a capital sin.

We disagree on the application of this law:
For me: we should kill them all and leave the problem aside.
For user BADecker: he want to save all the atheist in the world...

Thank You.

Best regards.

PS: don't take this questions as hate: I'm trying to get a clear definition out of this not to kill somebody.
Jump to: