Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 35. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Given bitcoin's leader role in cryptocurrency, it is very hard or impossible for bitcoin to disappear or replaced by another cryptocurrency completely as bitcoin has big user base and miners. However, it is possible that some alt coins with more advanced feature may overtake bitcoin in term of market cap.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Bitcoin itself won't be taken over/replaced by a different cryptocurrency unless there is some major shift with the cryptosphere or a lot of the fiat financial systems start to move into cryptos and everyone pushes for a new one.

Bitcoin can change and be modified, but there's a very small chance that Bitcoin will be replaced in the foreseeable future.

I agree with the statement, but wonder whether this is already happening. Is the boom of altcoins and ICOs consider some major shift with the cryptosphere?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
It is not possible.
There are many Cryptocurrency now but bitcoin price is always higher than other.

Not always higher. RMC was @ $50,000.00 at one point so price doesn't mean anything when talking about retainability. BitcoinBTC is a brand name as much as it is a cryptocurrency, nobody ever believes that their kingdom will fall until they are under siege. Cheesy 
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
ONe Social Network.

i think that's very unreasonable and such claims are made by people who know very little about BTC, First, every crypto has a unique building block that distinguishes it from the rest, same as BTC,its unique in its own way and therefore cannot be replaced. secondly, the market cap BTC has achieved over the years cannot be matched or beaten by any other crypto yet. BTC is still going to be a market leader fr a long time.
Activity: 51
OTOCASH (OTO)
I doubt that there is any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. and it does not happen forever Smiley
OTOCASH (OTO)
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
Bitcoin can be replaced by another cryptocurrency as new and new coins are emerging and other alt coins are coming with more and  more usuage. It can definately replace Bitcoin

Yes I am believe that bitcoin can be replace with other coin/token. Like ethereum for example, ethereum right now have market cap nearly bitcoin and ethereum have advantages on smart contract. But the point is bitcoin is not only cryptocurrency on crypto world
OTOCASH (OTO)
It is not possible.
There are many Cryptocurrency now but bitcoin price is always higher than other.

let just say " impossible " Smiley
OTOCASH (OTO)
I hope it will not happen Smiley Smiley
Activity: 154
I don't think any currency can replace bitcoin.

Not everyone's virtual currency will be as rewarding for investors as bitcoin, and we have to choose from it, and it's not easy to spot potential opportunities. Bitcoin is still the best performing virtual currency.
Activity: 476
It is not possible.
Activity: 163
I don't think another cryptocurrency will replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is the oldest coin so far and many people already know about bitcoin, even the price for each bitcoin is really high. That cryptocurrecy who want replace bitcoin need to achieve that to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 338
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Nothing can replace bitcoin in any way, some people who think so are just people who speculate that another crypto can replace bitcoin. Whereas the fact data shows bitcoin is still superior in terms of technology and popularity compared with other crypto.
Activity: 672
I think yes, Nobody can say that either one will happen for sure; they would only be speculating. Because bitcoin is probably not suitable for replacing every and each fiat coin in the world right now as it is and make an unique, Does bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency universal coin. So another coin will probably replace it, or Bitcoin will evolve so much that it will make no more sense to call it Bitcoin. And nothing is impossible.Only future will tell.
Agree, there's no need to doubt that someday there will be better coins and replace bitcoin, we do not have to expect much that bitcoin can last forever, most importantly we always benefit.
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
I think yes, Nobody can say that either one will happen for sure; they would only be speculating. Because bitcoin is probably not suitable for replacing every and each fiat coin in the world right now as it is and make an unique, Does bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency universal coin. So another coin will probably replace it, or Bitcoin will evolve so much that it will make no more sense to call it Bitcoin. And nothing is impossible.Only future will tell.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
I think anything can happen, if currently the bitcoin is the strongest currency that controls more than 37% marketcap of all coins then I'm sure that someday there will be coins that can beat bitcoin, if viewed the fact of the current development of some coins like ETH, IOTA have a chance replace bitcoin.
Activity: 35
Highly unlikely that bitcoin is ever replaced by another cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin is the only leader in cryptocurrency. When the price of Bitcoin goes down all other coins crash. When it goes up all other coins go up.

Ethereum follows this pattern too.

I see this and I understand why because bitcoin is the trading pair for almost all other coins. However there will be coins that you will be able to purchase with fiat and do atomic swapping of other crypto currencies that will break away from chain gang of bitcoin, and I am on that train. where do you want to be?

https://electraproject.org/
Activity: 286
Whatever may happen in the future, now a lot of emerging new crypto currency, everything is a competitor. But I think Bitcoin will always be another crypto-crypto parent, because until now no one can offset the price of Bitcoin. it will be hard to beat the bitcoin at this time and in the future.
Activity: 13
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Yes, in this competition world anything will be happens..  So 50% possible. But bitcoin is first and gained so much popularity so not easy to succeed it.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108

Replaced base techology?? yes of course can. and today so many new techology defeat bitcoin from transaction time and transaction fee, but replaced based price, cant because bitcoin is frist cryptocurrensy and all crypto make bicoin as the benchmark. Bitcoin still be no1 coin which has the highest price
Pages:
Jump to: