Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 37. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 0
Yes, there are many possibilities to overcome or beat the BTC market. Every business field have their competitors so BTC will face some other crypto currency to play in the market in future.Such an advanced version doesn't exist yet and all the crappy alt coins are just riding on the crypto coin train used mostly by speculators but who knows, maybe in the future there will be a revolutionary new algorithm that will have more utility than Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000
Over the years, I've spent some time trying to come up with an answer to this question. Many argue that Bitcoin is a dinosaur and its position as the foremost coin is bound to be claimed by a more advanced crypto, but something people seem to forget about is that Bitcoin's code can be updated. Not easily, mind you (if the recent block size debate is any indication), but it can be done. The Bitcoin protocol is actually capable of supporting (basic) smart contracts (https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/yes-bitcoin-can-do-smart-contracts-and-particl-demonstrates-how/), which I think is good enough for now. I guess we'll just have to see what the future has in store for Bitcoin. Put simply, my philosophy is that BTC is and always will be the king - until it isn't.
Activity: 88
Many Bitcoin enthusiasts believe  that altcoin absolutely necessary, and think that they can not compete with developed infrastructure Bitcoin. However, it is not pleading that altcoins are an important part of the market cryptocurrency. In future, yes it could but at this rate of popularity its going to be pretty hard for some other crypto to take over.
Activity: 177

That remains to be seen, a in the cryptocurrency world nothing is predictable. its however depends on the technological advancement,there are currently coins that are way faster than bitcoins when it comes to transaction. BTC also upgrades its technology as times goes by, but if another comes up with superior tech then it will be trusted more and may just replace BTC
Activity: 27
Bitcoin can not be replaced by any cryptocurrency. There were so many claims by many alternative coins which were created on slogan to replace Bitcoin and now I don't even find them.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Other crypto will be side by side with bitcoin not to destroy/remove.
Usually, when people get tired of something, they will create a new one. Not the new crypto
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
Bitcoin can't be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is mother of cryptocurrency, never die, never disappear...
But in the future, I think Bitcoin's price won't fluctuate anymore. Another as Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, ... will be attractive investment chanel, can earn more profit than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be replaced by another curency if the value of it drops below zero or in short if bitcoin is not usable anymore, that is only the way and chance that bitcoin can be replaced by another coin and that coin is etherium because etherium is the next cryptocurency that has a high value after bitcoin but we never know if etherium will still increase or decrease because there were also other coins that has a potential like bitcoincash and ripple.
Activity: 82
Bitcoin can't be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is mother of cryptocurrency, never die, never disappear...
But in the future, I think Bitcoin's price won't fluctuate anymore. Another as Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, ... will be attractive investment chanel, can earn more profit than Bitcoin.
Activity: 42
Bitcoin wouldn't be replaced by other cryptos. There will be other existence of other cryptos but the one who will be always on the top will be bitcoin. Of course bitcoin is the pioneer.
Definitely Bitcoin is more pioneer than other cryptographic money .Bitcoin is significant wellspring of salary it is more capable than different currencies it will never be alternated by some other Currency, because other currencies don't reach to its level.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Bitcoin wouldn't be replaced by other cryptos. There will be other existence of other cryptos but the one who will be always on the top will be bitcoin. Of course bitcoin is the pioneer.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I dont think that bitcoin can replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was the mother of all cryptocurrency, it will never be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is not a shitcoin and some of altcoins are shit. Bitcoin will remain on top!
Activity: 60
its hard to say that bitcoin will be replaced by another because the level of bitcoin was too far beyond other cryptocurrencies but as we know, everything change, maybe on the future ? hypothetically?
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
Yes I agree.. it is rally hard to replace bitcoin since it is tha most indemand in all of cryptocurrency now a days. those alts  that you mentioned are all controlled by someone else and there is an owner who could just disappear any moment. that is insane man. tha technology is not up 10 years,we shouldnt be too much in a hurry and jump to conclusion. anything can happen soon. remember that even almighty technologies advance gradually were displaced like yahoo or ibm so it is impossible to thing that bitcoin will remain forever.
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
Does altcoin replace bitcoin?
That's a pretty good question and if you're going to get rich when investing in that altcoin Smiley, so altcoin can replace bitcoin?
It is quite possible that when the ethereal market capitalization, an altcoin equals half of the bitcoin capitalization, then ethereum overcapitalization of bitcoin is possible, and why bitcoin is still feasible. 50% of the market capitalization of the market so long, though around the bitcoin nothing outstanding technology?
Here are some reasons why bitcoin is like that? :
- Bitcoin is the only currency.
- Many billionaires are owning a bitcoin, so letting the bitcoin price do not kill you, so the bitcoin dominated by the rich is what happens in this new market!
The fact that many countries around the world accept bitcoin and crypto has helped change their country, leading to the world accepting and supporting crypto!
Activity: 121
Merit: 11
I doubt that there is any other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 10 - 20 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like ripple and litecoin. The biggest addition to the list of its competitors is Ethereum. Ethereum has launched its own cryptocurrency called Ether that showed an exceptional growth after it was showed in the market, making it the 2nd most  popular cryptocurrency of 2016. And for all one knows, Ether is the only currency right now that owns a slight possibility to outpass the bitcoin in coming years. The biggest accomplishment of Ethereum perhaps is the support from some leading organizations like Microsoft and IBM, that's maybe why Ether booms so fast.
Activity: 523
Merit: 285
i dont think so that another one will have the power bitcoin exist for a while now and has been trough some stuff and probably people are not interested to invest all their time and money in a new cryptocurrency again. Also bitcoin has some big investors right now which will not just move to the new one straight away theres alot of money sitting in btc already.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
As long as it is a leading currency so why can it be replaced?I see absolutely no reason for this and I think it's good
Activity: 102
If bitcoin can not grow bound to lose in the competition so that it can be replaced. That could happen, but for now I think can not because bitcoin is still above.
Activity: 97
I doubt about this because looks like Bitcoin still is  a stronghold and there is nothing can break it now even with the goverments or bankers.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I agree with that. There is no other reason to replace bitcoin because of its popularity and the amount of help it has grown. And more people are more dependent on bitcoin. And one of the reasons the growing population uses bitcoin. This is why bitcoin can not be replaced with a cryptocurrency class.

Bitcoin is the first and original coin. It is the highest priced coins in the cryptocurrency world. Bitcoin has the largest audience and most sought after coins. In short, it has proven its trust and reputation in terms of cryptocurrencies. Personally, Bitcoin cannot be replaced by any coins. It would still lead the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: