Pages:
Author

Topic: will humanity stop using cash - page 22. (Read 4019 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 529
October 13, 2018, 06:48:30 AM
I think cash will stay with us for a long time. it has some advantages that plastic doesnt have. actually cryptocurrencies have same advanteges and even more, but they still have some problems with legalizaton.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
October 13, 2018, 06:38:04 AM
I think the calculation by means of fiat will not disappear, but it will be much less common than now, because there will be many alternatives in the form of digital money.
Activity: 310
October 13, 2018, 06:32:57 AM
I hope so. When more people will join the crypto industry, it will lead to the mass adoption. But we need more products, that could replace normal services, that are based on blockchain. There is a lack of products, that are working and easy to use.
Activity: 434
Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data
October 13, 2018, 06:28:07 AM
Yes of course humanity can stop using cash just like a story of my grandmother who's a history teacher before "people uses a salt to exchange for something he needs" but it change when people is getting more intelligent on how they will value a thing. Just like the story I said the technology is also upgrading day by day and I think it is not hard to think that they will gonna pursue on using online currency to pay things because of it is more convenient to use instead of cash.
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
October 13, 2018, 06:12:39 AM
I don't think people will really opt to stop using cash. As of now the use of computers to do payments especially with the use of cryptocurrency is costly. The internet connection is a paid service and thus it should add to the value of the products to buy or services to pay. While the actual cash is readily available, cryptocurrency needs internet connectivity which would take sometime to get the payments done. When services fail during an online processing it is certain that it will cause the customers to wait a little longer so it is not quite good. But I don't say cash is always better because otherwise these things could have not evolved as what we have now. The old and the new system must work together to form a better system.
Activity: 630
Merit: 1
October 13, 2018, 06:09:45 AM
I think cash will be with us for a long year. But percentage of crypto using can rise next years. Especially big firms and banks will use crypto rather than cash.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 05:52:29 AM
I do not think the use of cash will ever stop. The fact is that cryptocurrency will take over so many transactional activities, and this will reduce the usage of FIAT
Activity: 1876
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
October 13, 2018, 05:30:23 AM
Of course there must be changes in the world and Crypto technology creates a very sophisticated and can replace the role of currencies around the world and of course the next few years Crypto will continue to grow and of course it is very easy to change currency paper.
Activity: 476
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
October 13, 2018, 05:22:18 AM
theres nothing impossible in crypto currencies but i think the cash till there coz lots of people they dont know about crypto currencies and they live using a cash
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
October 13, 2018, 05:19:50 AM
Cash will die only when it will be possible to pay with digital money absolutely everywhere, that is, not soon, maybe in 50 years it will be possible to talk about it slowly, but not before.

yeah, but it going to happen. lets take Swiss as example. they are totally removing cash payments already. other countries will follow.
At some point, this is actually something I believe would happen eventually but when it will happen, whether it would be a decade from now or more, is something we have to leave for time to decide. As the world is going digital by the day, we get to see old folks passing out and newer generation of the digital age being born, the closer the cashless age keeps kicking in.

Most countries today and most especially the developed ones, hardly will you ever see cash really being used, and in fact, I cannot remember the last time I held cash in my wallet, so gradually, people will start having this mentality of going cashless one way or the other.
Activity: 375
Merit: 3
October 13, 2018, 05:11:28 AM
I think we will stop using cash in the future. You're right this process is not easy and it may take up to 30 years. I imagine that in the future we will use cryptocurrency, make payment via mobile phone, payment ring, watch, or even that a nano chip inside your skin.
Activity: 378
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
October 13, 2018, 04:57:59 AM
Everything suggests that this will happen in the near future. Now electronic money and plastic cards are beginning to prevail, cash is dying.

They are predominant, but electronic money is not as close to a person's daily life as electronic money is just a tool for us to invest, and I think that's one of the options. worst for holding to invest in them.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
October 13, 2018, 04:28:21 AM
I think there is a possibility that it might happen in the future, but Im not sure if it is near since there are still a lot of countries that are not that high in technology. Since if you have to rely on crypto and cards for payment, it will also mean that everything has connection to internet and have some gadget to work with the transaction.
There is actually a very great possibility it would happen. Considering that in a lot of places today, we are seeing the way people have been moving to the digital age and making transactions without having to visit the bank or holding cash, going to stores to buy goods and paying for it using their credit or debit card, the chances of seeing humanity stop using cash is absolutely there.

It is not something that would happen immediately of course, as this would take some time and with the older generations paving way for newer generation, the more cash starts paving way for the digital age.
Activity: 88
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 07:28:11 PM
Human stoped to pay using cash, why it will can happen on the future?
I have an opinion, first money cash can be falsified and also for people want buy something in large amount they don't want pay using cash, almost they paid using CreditCard or bank. But, if you think cryptocurrency can replace money, I think that can't replace the money. Why? because crypto is dangerous, they value can be fluctuating. Maybe a few cryptocurrency can be replace money like USDT
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
October 12, 2018, 07:17:26 PM
I think it's possible, but not in the near future, let's say, I am 25 years old and I don't think I'll live to see this moment. There is no alternative yet. Cryptocurrencies with its instability will also not be able to replace cash.

I believe OP means paper money and coins when referring to cash. Paying with credit cards and debit cards isn't paying with cash, it is form of electronic money.

Back ontopic I believe cash will be forgotten when other means of payments become more practical in everyday life. For example in my country there are a lot of places that recieve cash only - like cafe bars. If cash will ever become abandoned then every enterpreneur should have card reader or something for that purpouse.
That's right and that's why so many countries have created campaign to their civilians to move from the fiat paper to the digital money or balance. it will minimize the cost to create the fiat paper money and then it will created such a better life imagine when people don't need again to use the fiat paper. our life will be more easier.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
October 12, 2018, 07:04:56 PM
it might happen even so far there are some people who practice it. One example is when people prefer to use credit cards and the like and I think one day crypto will also be used by these people as a means of payment and the more days I think will become more and more people like that especially when there are already many places shopping who wants to receive crypto
Activity: 188
quarkchain.io
October 12, 2018, 06:21:47 PM
Everything suggests that this will happen in the near future. Now electronic money and plastic cards are beginning to prevail, cash is dying.
Activity: 589
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 06:10:50 PM
I think that in nearest future we will still using but in 5 years it may change into cryptocurrency time
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 06:05:18 PM
Really every day is more difficult to find transactions with cash, now it is much more practical, convenient and safe to have digital money, either with your debit / credit cards or with cryptos, as it makes things much easier using electronic cash and now with cryptos we have the advantage of anonymity and decentralization that will probably call the attention of many more people in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
October 12, 2018, 06:00:03 PM
I have a vivid discussion with my friends lately. They say that one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only. They say it might take twenty or thirty years, maybe longer, but it is a sure thing to happen, they have no doubts about it. I am not so sure... well, people might give up using cash as it is not that convenient, but giving up money as whole? I really really doubt it, it seems so impossible for me. What do you think? Maybe we will start using something brand new, neither cash nor cards? What is the future of the cryptocurrency world, anyway? Will it die in fifty, sixty years or it is going to be a thing that will live forever? Let's dream for a while Smiley

The use of cash can't be stopped even though the technology will go too far, still the cash will be present in the people's hands.
In many places in the world cash isn't used too much, what is mostly used are the things instead of the cash for trading because there are not too much cash present.
Pages:
Jump to: