Pages:
Author

Topic: will humanity stop using cash - page 23. (Read 4019 times)

Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
October 12, 2018, 05:53:19 PM
I think it's possible, but not in the near future, let's say, I am 25 years old and I don't think I'll live to see this moment. There is no alternative yet. Cryptocurrencies with its instability will also not be able to replace cash.

I believe OP means paper money and coins when referring to cash. Paying with credit cards and debit cards isn't paying with cash, it is form of electronic money.

Back ontopic I believe cash will be forgotten when other means of payments become more practical in everyday life. For example in my country there are a lot of places that recieve cash only - like cafe bars. If cash will ever become abandoned then every enterpreneur should have card reader or something for that purpouse.
Activity: 571
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 05:41:03 PM
I think it's possible, but not in the near future, let's say, I am 25 years old and I don't think I'll live to see this moment. There is no alternative yet. Cryptocurrencies with its instability will also not be able to replace cash.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 12, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
... one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only...

In my opinion fiat money as savings and settlement facility will not be used in future. As we know United States Dollar is world reserve currency but it's emission is centralized and under contol of USA. I guess many governments need anything worth trusting more than uncontrollable dollar issue, and here comes the numbers, the math, the cryptocurrency.
Maybe it will be not deflational crypto, but anyway people will see every action in the blockchain. Thus the whole world can switch to use international cryptocurrency and cut the barrier between different countries' economics
hima ity will stop using cash but it mzy startcollecting it sor soemthing like that so ot will never actually disappear for  the surface
Activity: 252
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 12, 2018, 04:14:11 PM
I have a vivid discussion with my friends lately. They say that one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only. They say it might take twenty or thirty years, maybe longer, but it is a sure thing to happen, they have no doubts about it. I am not so sure... well, people might give up using cash as it is not that convenient, but giving up money as whole? I really really doubt it, it seems so impossible for me. What do you think? Maybe we will start using something brand new, neither cash nor cards? What is the future of the cryptocurrency world, anyway? Will it die in fifty, sixty years or it is going to be a thing that will live forever? Let's dream for a while Smiley
cash can be out of use not in the whole world as there are so many regions taht are not developed on the necessary level yet
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
October 12, 2018, 04:13:05 PM
... one day people will forget what cash is and they will start use card only. Then the era of the changed and innovated cryptocurrency world comes, and we will stop using money and switch on crypto coins only...

In my opinion fiat money as savings and settlement facility will not be used in future. As we know United States Dollar is world reserve currency but it's emission is centralized and under contol of USA. I guess many governments need anything worth trusting more than uncontrollable dollar issue, and here comes the numbers, the math, the cryptocurrency.
Maybe it will be not deflational crypto, but anyway people will see every action in the blockchain. Thus the whole world can switch to use international cryptocurrency and cut the barrier between different countries' economics
Activity: 406
October 12, 2018, 04:03:03 PM
Humanity will never stop using cash. People are morally accustomed to this and they can never switch to virtual money. Some people will not accept cryptocurrency.
Activity: 165
Merit: 5
October 12, 2018, 04:01:54 PM
Cash will be always and I think thisis right way to do. Crypto should be like an alternative and not for replacing money at all
I think there's a right time for that to stop cash in using world wide as the crypto entry and used as a exchange of payment .Now ,it's difficult to replace cash because we need to develop more and must to prove in terms of fluctuation.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 12, 2018, 04:00:51 PM
I don't think that will happen. At least not for another few decades. Cards will prevail too. Remember, those are the only form of offline transactions that can be made which is actually acknowledged by everyone. And more generations will need to pass so everyone gets used to crypto currency. Though we might see both crypto currency and fiat currency being used side by side.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
simply getting the job done
October 12, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
i do not know about humanity but i stopped using cash after i lost my job. Even i do not check who pays for me. Kidding, but anyway sometimes we need it, allways there is a risk for technology may not work in that second.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2018, 03:52:31 PM
I think this is quite likely, but cryptocurrencies will also be only a temporary means. I do not think that cryptocurrencies will completely replace the money that we know now, but many people will use them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 03:38:53 PM
Cash will be always and I think thisis right way to do. Crypto should be like an alternative and not for replacing money at all
Activity: 476
October 12, 2018, 03:37:25 PM
It seems to me impossible. Cryptocurrency is a digital currency. And now, in modern times, the time of computers and the Internet - still not all people have it. And this very much limits the spread of cryptocurrency among the population
Activity: 602
October 12, 2018, 03:32:14 PM
What can I say on this issue. People are transferred to credit cards not because it is a convenient way to pay or something else. This is an element of government control over the circulation of funds. When paper money is gone, the professions of the whole world will have control over our finances.

Even now, the imaginary privacy of cryptocurrency is easily tracked with credit cards. So with a complete replacement of paper funds. Any currency will be called cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 12, 2018, 03:30:29 PM
Cash, coin, gold, credit cards etc. The whole system needs to be replaced it is not about cash, gold or centralization, there are more than it, even crypto is not the ultimate solution.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
October 12, 2018, 03:23:21 PM
Blockchain generation has lots of energy and the complete agency and governments are beginning to talk about how block line generation may be applied to their traces. There may be in the future, amongst which maximum of the invoice crystals are across the area. So it's previllages  would be converted into rural people.
Of course, it can be assumed that rural development is lagging behind and paper money is the only means of using money, because it is far from cryptocurrency. But nevertheless, I believe that the money will always be in use, because cryptocurrency is the finances of a certain sphere of human activity, and not the entire financial world.
Activity: 434
October 12, 2018, 03:07:53 PM
Blockchain generation has lots of energy and the complete agency and governments are beginning to talk about how block line generation may be applied to their traces. There may be in the future, amongst which maximum of the invoice crystals are across the area. So it's previllages  would be converted into rural people.
Activity: 686
October 12, 2018, 03:01:13 PM
seen from time to time economic change digital money is progressing and increasing,seen from the volume of society about what cryptocurency is..I myself have confidence that later the modern period will begin to leave payments in cash and will be transferred in digital form,in terms of security and public comfort in making any transactions related to payments..
More advanced technology in the future is not impossible if humans choose to leave cash and replace it with more efficient money.
or even the payment system can return as it used to use gold as a transaction tool. so that all possibilities can occur and crypto has great potential to replace cash.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
October 12, 2018, 03:00:24 PM
China is the first example of using digital cash on daily basis. For example, they pay for tea or coffee with their mobile app - WeChat. everyone is connected to WeChat in China.
Activity: 182
platio.io
October 12, 2018, 02:57:18 PM
Don't think so)) More over this is not a problem for crypto) Coins will be developing anyway
Activity: 406
October 12, 2018, 02:44:41 PM
If cryptocurrenices will be easy to use, with fast, cheap and secure transactions
and less volatile ( stable coins ) I can imagine that we will switch for them in the future.
It will take time but just remember how internet and mobile phones changed out lives
in last 25 years.
Pages:
Jump to: