Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 146. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
December 31, 2017, 11:26:16 AM
Don't think they will die, but I think more regulations will be put in place to ensure investors do not get scammed. However, I think less ICO's will be launched in 2018.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Never DO AIRDROPS
December 31, 2017, 11:08:06 AM
I hope ICO will not die as this thread mean. Hope 2018 project maker do it seriously, or investors will get away from this project
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
December 31, 2017, 10:52:46 AM
Despite the fact that this year many ICO failed or turned out to be a scam..
But I believe that the next year will be much better with ICO, people have already become more careful, control over tax will be introduced, blind excitement is also diminishing, and healthy competition will grow.
And sooner the total amount of money will also be smaller that will stimulate the work and not get a lot of money and forget about everything)
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
December 31, 2017, 10:38:23 AM
It seems to me that the ICO will not disappear. After all, this is support of the market with new coins, which is a clear plus for traders. And still, there is an ICO with really promising ideas and goals.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
December 31, 2017, 10:23:11 AM
Actually, what I see the fact is thst the ICO is getting hoter recently, more and more ICO projects are sold out in a short time, such as the realchain, Bread, STK and Fairgame.
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
December 31, 2017, 10:19:59 AM
I think ICO will not die soon. Maybe in a year or more. They will not even die, but they will be more qualitative and they will definitely be less in number. I hope to find some kind of controller to block the scammer's ICO at the very beginning.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
December 31, 2017, 10:00:36 AM
I don't think that the ICO will die in 2018 because i really think that they are going to be better in the year of 2018 because as you can see that the projects are getting better and better and they are now being more realistic rather than before that the developers are just like playing the cryptocurrency game but now they know that they need to be serious.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
December 31, 2017, 09:58:46 AM
Imo, it might be just the opposite. Most of the icos done in 2017 will complete, if not, be halfway in completing their roadmaps. I too think that the appreciation for ICO's this year is a sort of over-abundance but still, I have good faith that out of all the crap projects made everyday, even just one revolutionary technology created would be worth it.
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
December 31, 2017, 09:42:02 AM
I don't think that ico will disappear or die this coming 2018. ICO is the place where majority of the traders and investors get their profit here.  Therefore, it maybe in some other country ico will get ban but not all country will gonna do it.
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
December 31, 2017, 09:41:47 AM
The problem is, this will attract more scammers.

It already did. I still see no benefit in joining an ICO over waiting for the tokens to hit an exchange and then buying. If the project is good, the price will grow and you will be able to make some money. If not, well, you are still better off not investing as you can't really predict the initial price no matter what the companies tell you.

ICOs are a long way from dying, but people got smarter. As we saw the rapid increase in interest about crypto among the general public, more and more people will still fall for ICOs when they initially learn about them.

As for me, i will be following projects that seem interesting to me, doing my own technical analasis, and investing in ones i believe in long term, but when they hit the exchange.
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
December 31, 2017, 09:34:22 AM
No way ICO will die in 2018 since it will exist until it will give profit to developers and investors. I don see a reason why would anyone want to fight against a easy profit.
The problem is, this will attract more scammers.
Activity: 210
Merit: 120
December 31, 2017, 08:41:18 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

Well for me, ICo's is still profitable and still can make money. And I believe that it will be the same in 2018. Even though there are a lot of scammer in ICO , i know we can still  found some one that can be trusted especially in terms of investment. Aside from that , ICO are good investment because you can collect funds from it that you can use in building a small project.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
December 31, 2017, 08:17:23 AM
ICOs are definitely good deals especially for legitimate coins. The thing is, we are not certain which of them can be trusted.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
December 31, 2017, 08:16:26 AM
ICO is the best way to raise fund for a great idea, especially if this idea is related to blockchain.
I don't deny that there are many scams, but we shouldn't ban ICO as a whole.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
December 31, 2017, 08:16:19 AM
hopefully i getting pretty sicked of then at the moment .I just avoid till there on a exchange anyway and that if i like the project .I cant think of any ICO that mooned during 2017. Tenx but that only trible it money .Nearly 90%  of then dropped in value
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
December 31, 2017, 08:15:30 AM
NO!! but the number of frauds are increasing. peoples are getting aware of them eventually less support will mark the end of ICO by 2018 or 2019.

That is why some governments and states are pushing a bill towards regulation for ICOs because everyone can make their own Cryptocurrency and ICO but they're incapable of running an entire project system. I do believe certified and accredited ICOs are more effective.

ICO regulations may or may not help cryptocurrency boom. I don't think governments will approve ICOs on anonymity like the previous Komodo and Monero.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
December 31, 2017, 08:14:26 AM
In 2018 there's a lot of ICOS will opened, so I think that no more ICO's going death. Because due to good services of them many peoples are believe and still supports the ICO's project. In addition thru help of ICOs projects many opportunities will open to opened to us.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 105
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON
December 31, 2017, 08:13:02 AM
it is unlikely that ICO will die in 2018, especially now that ICO enthusiasts are increasingly becoming more and more ICO, so I believe ICO will remain forever ICO users will be more and more.
Activity: 340
Merit: 13
December 31, 2017, 08:12:27 AM
As because of those scam ico,  people are getting away from that kind of market strategy, ico is a good way to earn coin with a discount but untrustable. Lets just beware and do our own research.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
December 31, 2017, 08:08:58 AM
NO!! but the number of frauds are increasing. peoples are getting aware of them eventually less support will mark the end of ICO by 2018 or 2019.

That is why some governments and states are pushing a bill towards regulation for ICOs because everyone can make their own Cryptocurrency and ICO but they're incapable of running an entire project system. I do believe certified and accredited ICOs are more effective.
Jump to: