Pages:
Author

Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC? - page 36. (Read 5916 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 12:21:19 PM
However, from a general point of view, Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle. While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications. BTC is still the market leader because more prople trust in it.
Activity: 281
Merit: 10
Futurov
August 01, 2018, 04:36:09 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

Well base on what we have seen in the market, There will be no other coins that can surpass the legacy and achievement of BTC even ETH and BTC will always hold the top spot in the coin ranking.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
August 01, 2018, 04:28:29 AM
If your goal is to make money, Bitcoin is the best choice of all cryptos. It's been around the longest, has first mover advantage, is most well known, and drives the movement of the entire crypto market. You can also trade it more effectively than any other crypto, since it has the highest liquidity. You may not retire off of your bitcoin gains compared to choosing the 1 out of 100 cheap alt coins that will moon, but its a tortoise vs the hare type scenario.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
July 31, 2018, 07:08:52 PM
Difficult to choose a winner in a market that has only been in the red since the beginning of the year, but Bitcoin is sketching some strength, pulling the market up
July 31, 2018, 07:04:08 PM
It depends a lot on how long you can wait for your investment. But in a year or two I think ethereum will rise on more % than bitcoin because of obvious reasons. And most of them are about ICOs. Erc 20 makes a lot of new coins that can pump the Eth price over time.
I can't agree with you, as it still did not start to show any tremendous growth. Hardly ever investors would be interested in such a huge volatility of etherium by the end of the year.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
July 31, 2018, 07:02:33 PM
Ethereum is a  very good coin, but i think that it is not going to replace bitcoin or whatever you want, because bitcoin has always been in here, but well, sometimes is good to have dreams

Yeah and they are just following the moves of btc. In that case, you can see that it's impossible for an altcoin to win over btc. Eth is a good coin, no doubt but sorry to eth believer, it won't going to happen that eth were going to beat btc and that's a fact. Also whales can do a pump if ever.
Activity: 529
Merit: 251
The Future Of Work
July 31, 2018, 06:55:01 PM
It depends a lot on how long you can wait for your investment. But in a year or two I think ethereum will rise on more % than bitcoin because of obvious reasons. And most of them are about ICOs. Erc 20 makes a lot of new coins that can pump the Eth price over time.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
July 31, 2018, 06:54:18 PM
Do you ever think eth will take the lead? That seems not to be possible. Well, no one can tell what might happen many years to come. Although, eth will still be among the top leading coins.
July 31, 2018, 06:53:31 PM
Bitcoin was always the winner. I think that bitcoin will remain the leader this year and in the next few years. I believe that bitcoin can become a very expensive coin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
July 31, 2018, 06:50:13 PM
Ethereum is a  very good coin, but i think that it is not going to replace bitcoin or whatever you want, because bitcoin has always been in here, but well, sometimes is good to have dreams
Activity: 181
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 06:47:02 PM
I believe that bitcoin will forever remain the most important coin among the crypto currency. That's why I'm betting on Bitcoin. In any case, these investments are less risky than investments in ETH.
Of course bitcoin will remain in the top position. Ethereum is an altcoin that has a high potential to grow, but bitcoin certainly has greater strength and will maintain its position.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
" Blockchain meets social network "
July 31, 2018, 06:44:53 PM
ETH will not happen to be superior to BTC for this year because to discuss it is still too early for ETH because ETH is not ready to replace Bitcoin and for this year it will still be held by BTC and that is also valid for several years ahead.
bitcoin is much stronger and unbeatable for this year and a few years, for Ethereum to achieve even beyond the success of bitcoin requires tremendous hard work, for example, can be done by adding features that do not exist in bitcoin and establish cooperation with companies which is great in order to make ethereum increasingly popular and widely known to the public.
Activity: 798
Merit: 260
July 31, 2018, 06:41:54 PM
I believe that bitcoin will forever remain the most important coin among the crypto currency. That's why I'm betting on Bitcoin. In any case, these investments are less risky than investments in ETH.
Activity: 199
July 31, 2018, 06:38:16 PM
the winner this year in the cryptocurrency market will be bitcoin.bitcoin will always be the number one coin.
Activity: 210
July 31, 2018, 06:35:12 PM
this year, the winner in the cryptocurrency market will be bitcoin. despite the fall, it will remain in the first place in the ranking of crypto-currencies.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
July 31, 2018, 06:32:37 PM
While victorious (as always) is bitcoin. Although if you look at the potential of the currency, then in my opinion, the Etherium it is now more. I think the time for active growth has not yet come.
Activity: 45
July 31, 2018, 07:34:57 AM
ETH will not happen to be superior to BTC for this year because to discuss it is still too early for ETH because ETH is not ready to replace Bitcoin and for this year it will still be held by BTC and that is also valid for several years ahead.
Activity: 98
July 31, 2018, 01:21:40 AM
they're both this year's winners . by the end of the year, the price will rise for both coins
copper member
Activity: 462
July 31, 2018, 01:15:55 AM
The winner can be quite a different crypto currency. For example, EOS or cardano, ripple. In this market it is difficult to predict
I do not think the coins you mentioned are winning this year,
I personally remain confident for this year the winner remains bitcoin,
so the most important we see the development later
Activity: 196
July 31, 2018, 01:08:49 AM
In my opinion still bitcoint the winner, until now I think no one can surpass the bitcoint especially with the coint price all down, but for the future it is still difficult to predict whether this bitcoint is still the top or not
Pages:
Jump to: