Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 237. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
To pokiealex:

The comment was perfectly fine but next time refrain from posting advertising pictures of other coins.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
People need to stop cherry-picking my statements because the main point I was making is that XC has absolutely no business collaborating with a coin such as utilitycoin that is 1 week old, has an anonymous dev, and whose thread is only 10 pages long. 

Seriously people? Come on...

Did you read any of that thread?  If they are working on Content Filtering (primarily to avoid the stigma of users having to deal with illegal content/malicious data being handled by their network) then XC has a very good reason to want to be involved with such a topic and development (for XC's decentralized data distributing network).  It makes perfect sense, regardless of how long the coin has been in existence or how long their thread is (incidentally, their OP mentions that they have submitted for POD from cryptoasian).  I also think that Dan is probably a good judge of character and can discern the quality of the dev before going full on into anything.

I don't share your concern in the least and actually think that the collaboration, if it gets to happen, will benefit XC greatly.

+1 to collaboration

Most of you are definitely missing the forest for the trees.  As the crypto world grows it can only help XC if Dan/XC collaborates with other innovative developers and projects and becomes a well respected code reviewer.  Crypto innovation hasn't even scratched the surface yet, so if you think it's good for XC to just stay stuck in it's own cocoon you will be in for a rude awakening.  Nobody has a monopoly on all the great ideas and that includes Dan Metcalf, as great as he is.  Collaborating ideas and new technologies with other projects is what will keep XC relevant when crypto becomes mainstream.  Also, Dan will become a trusted and respected member of the technology universe, which will go a long way with XC's adoption into the world of the general and typically uneducated mainstream user.

Just my 2 XC, so chill.

+100  I agree.

Some people seem to think it will take Dan's time away from developing XC.  If Dan is like other programmers I know, it will not reduce his dedication or time devoted to XC.  To him it is probably a nice break from working on XC and only serves to rejuvenate his XC efforts.  You can't expect someone not to take a break.  If that is how he chooses to spend some of his free time, the more power to him. 

Plus, it serves as an income stream for him.  Be thankful he, and the entire team, are as dedicated to XC as they are.  Go look at other coins whose devs quit or just go missing.  I have seen coin communities try and raise money to pay their dev, or hire a new one to make algo changes in hopes of saving their slowly dying coin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Is the new UI wallet that XC is working on going to be an HTML5 wallet?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Does anyone know when Mintpal V2 is suppose to go live?

It was supposed to be yesterday:

Wednesday 1st October - 9:00PM UTC

The migration to V2 has begun, and the site will be unavailable for up to 24 hours as a result.

their last tweet 3 hours ago

Moolah @moolah_io  ·  3h 3 hours ago

We're creeping up towards 370,000/508,291 accounts migrated - again, all of your patience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Which means another 48 hours or so.. but who knows.

It's quite funny. They keep saying sorry for the delays and things like "We wont give any more specific times, but will definitely still be done by the end of today" and then " ok, sorry again for the delay, we will just let you know when it happens. will definitely be by the end of the day though" etc etc LOL

lets just wait and see.

The migration to V2 has begun, and the site will be unavailable for up to 24 hours as a result.

We're creeping up towards 370,000/508,291 accounts migrated - again, all of your patience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Which means another 48 hours or so.. but who knows.

Activity: 644
People need to stop cherry-picking my statements because the main point I was making is that XC has absolutely no business collaborating with a coin such as utilitycoin that is 1 week old, has an anonymous dev, and whose thread is only 10 pages long. 

Did you read any of that thread?  If they are working on Content Filtering (primarily to avoid the stigma of users having to deal with illegal content/malicious data being handled by their network) then XC has a very good reason to want to be involved with such a topic and development (for XC's decentralized data distributing network).  It makes perfect sense, regardless of how long the coin has been in existence or how long their thread is (incidentally, their OP mentions that they have submitted for POD from cryptoasian).  I also think that Dan is probably a good judge of character and can discern the quality of the dev before going full on into anything.

I don't share your concern in the least and actually think that the collaboration, if it gets to happen, will benefit XC greatly.

+1 to collaboration

Most of you are definitely missing the forest for the trees.  As the crypto world grows it can only help XC if Dan/XC collaborates with other innovative developers and projects and becomes a well respected code reviewer.  Crypto innovation hasn't even scratched the surface yet, so if you think it's good for XC to just stay stuck in it's own cocoon you will be in for a rude awakening.  Nobody has a monopoly on all the great ideas and that includes Dan Metcalf, as great as he is.  Collaborating ideas and new technologies with other projects is what will keep XC relevant when crypto becomes mainstream.  Also, Dan will become a trusted and respected member of the technology universe, which will go a long way with XC's adoption into the world of the general and typically uneducated mainstream user.

Just my 2 XC, so chill.

...And if this is the stage that you are at, you should not be telling us that you are collaborating, or even potentially collaborating with them.  

I really appreciate being kept in the loop personally, whether it happens or not.

I hope Dan doesn't give some anon shitcoin a decent code review, but like he said, he's just in discussion stages at the mo. What about the possibility that this new coin may not stay anonymous? who knows what Dans terms might be.

I much prefer him informing us of this rather than after a big pump of a shitcoin their dev comes out and tells everyone (in their thread) while the XC community are left in the dark.

I say props for the openness. (and the hard work Dan, appreciating the updates and looking forward to the nickname feature in XChat. As soon as we are user friendly Im gonna get loads of people involved!)

Activity: 616
Activity: 728

...blah, blah, blah...

Again, no commitments have been made to do anything, as far as I can see.

Everyone knows Dan does code reviews and will collaborate with other coins.  That isn't a secret.  When he does, those coins get a pump on the market.  the issue in the past is that other coins have announced the review/collaboration before they were officially announced here.  When that happens, the XC Community misses out on the opportunity to ride the pump and make some money if they desired to speculate on that coin.

All Dan did was give a heads up as to which coins have contacted him for reviews or collaboration in case people here may be interested in investing in those coins to try and make some money.  That is it.  Plain and simple. IMO.

Exactly this.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
...And if this is the stage that you are at, you should not be telling us that you are collaborating, or even potentially collaborating with them.  

I really appreciate being kept in the loop personally, whether it happens or not.

Updated Wallet for XChat testing

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/v2.49/XCurrency_2.49.08b.exe

* Add's label

* Updated to resolve DUP msgs

Dan

Dan,

After the last time i asked did some research and now understand the need for re-entering the public key for Xchat.
But at the same time i feel this will limit the adaptation of XChat by non tech/altcoin people, just because its just a lot of hassle & they have no idea what a private key is. For many i know a XC address looks crazy enough.
Is there some (anon related) reason for not letting the wallet discover the public key by itself before encrypting the channel or do you think there is some way to build this tech into the core protocol before going public?

grtz

I have a different solution for this, using a basic blockchain 2.0 service, the user can register a nickname/alias assigned to the public/private key pair which eliminates that process altogether.  Thus you just add the "nickname/alias"

Dan

Also, this is great!  Smiley
Activity: 714

Updated Wallet for XChat testing

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/v2.49/XCurrency_2.49.08b.exe

* Add's label

* Updated to resolve DUP msgs

Dan

Dan that is a Rev 3 feature in the road map sneaky you!  Grin

The requests for group chat drove this feature to the top of the list!!!!

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Dan

I thought you said XC would not have anything to do with the Supernet.

Activity: 192
Thanks for the heads up Dan...now gimme an updated Mac wallet pppppplease!!! Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
what the... utility coin sounds exactly like getscamed coin.

even if the code is legit and the dev does some coding. i mean do we really need a coin for every subject in our daily lives?
watercoin gascoin taxcoin furniturecoin foodcoin applecoin vegetablecoin meatcoin fishcoin sexcoin swearcoin might as well have underwear coin.

wait - where do I find out about underwear coin?

Dan's reviewing it  Grin
Activity: 196
what the... utility coin sounds exactly like getscamed coin.

even if the code is legit and the dev does some coding. i mean do we really need a coin for every subject in our daily lives?
watercoin gascoin taxcoin furniturecoin foodcoin applecoin vegetablecoin meatcoin fishcoin sexcoin swearcoin might as well have underwear coin.

wait - where do I find out about underwear coin?
Jump to: