Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 239. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@ Dan Didn't you say that we were not going to be part of supernet?

I agree with the comment above WTF is utilitycoin??? Dan what's up with that??
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
...And I see that you wrote on utility's thread basically asking "if the dev's are serious."  Really?  This stuff should be done through PM.  What do you think the bagholders are going to tell you?  And if this is the stage that you are at, you should not be telling us that you are collaborating, or even potentially collaborating with them.  

And if he doesn't let the community know what is going on he gets blasted for not communicating well enough.

There is no pleasing the needy here.

As far as I can tell, utilitycoin is a shit coin with an anonymous dev that is 1 week old.  Why the hell would XC collaborate with that?  I don't care what they attempt to "sell" you.  It's just plain stupid.  

Where in the quote below do you see where any commitment has been made by Dan?

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Ruble code review - this is fine, Dan's code review service does not impact XC's image in a negative way.

Britcoin - don't quite understand this but its probably fine.

Utility Coin - Has no credibility and nothing to distinguish it from the 4-5 other shitcoins that are created weekly, and has an anonymous dev.  Dan is "gathering information" by posting questions publicly on their bagholder thread, by which he will only receive biashed shill answers.  Information gathering should be done via PM, and information should only be made public to us when a definitive decision has been made.  IMO, XC should not even CONSIDER collaborating with a coin that is not established (by the test of time) or one that has an anonymous dev.  What is XC going to do when the dev of utilitycoin jumps ship for his next coin?  Now XC looks terrible.  It's just not wise.  

supernet - this is potentially fine, because they are established, past their initial P&D, and do not have anonymous dev's
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
...And I see that you wrote on utility's thread basically asking "if the dev's are serious."  Really?  This stuff should be done through PM.  What do you think the bagholders are going to tell you?  And if this is the stage that you are at, you should not be telling us that you are collaborating, or even potentially collaborating with them.  

And if he doesn't let the community know what is going on he gets blasted for not communicating well enough.

As far as I can tell, utilitycoin is a shit coin with an anonymous dev that is 1 week old.  Why the hell would XC collaborate with that?  I don't care what they attempt to "sell" you.  It's just plain stupid.  

Where in the quote below do you see where any commitment has been made by Dan?

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review

You are making a scene about nothing.  Dan mentioned he has been contacted, not that he is going to do anything.  that was clarified by his following statement that he is in the investigation stage.  

For fucks sake, chill out.

As far as I can tell, utilitycoin is a shit coin with an anonymous dev that is 1 week old.  Why the hell would XC collaborate with that?  I don't care what they attempt to "sell" you.  It's just plain stupid. 

There is no way to please everyone....obviously.
Activity: 978
Merit: 250

Updated Wallet for XChat testing

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/v2.49/XCurrency_2.49.08b.exe

* Add's label

* Updated to resolve DUP msgs

Dan

Dan,

After the last time i asked did some research and now understand the need for re-entering the public key for Xchat.
But at the same time i feel this will limit the adaptation of XChat by non tech/altcoin people, just because its just a lot of hassle & they have no idea what a private key is. For many i know a XC address looks crazy enough.
Is there some (anon related) reason for not letting the wallet discover the public key by itself before encrypting the channel or do you think there is some way to build this tech into the core protocol before going public?

grtz

I have a different solution for this, using a basic blockchain 2.0 service, the user can register a nickname/alias assigned to the public/private key pair which eliminates that process altogether.  Thus you just add the "nickname/alias"

Dan
you just made my day  Wink
XC should really only be associating itself with coins that are established and have non-anonymous dev's (w/o new bct accounts).  There needs to be some sort of strict filtering process... come on now.  Just because a coin team asks does not mean XC should agree.  

Before your post, Dan said:

I am in the information gathering stage currently and collecting information

Dan

What part of that don't you understand?  It doesn't sound like he has agreed to do anything yet, but he has been contacted.
XC should really only be associating itself with coins that are established and have non-anonymous dev's (w/o new bct accounts).  There needs to be some sort of strict filtering process... come on now.  Just because a coin team asks does not mean XC should agree.  

And I see that you wrote on utility's thread basically asking "if the dev's are serious."  Really?  This stuff should be done through PM.  What do you think the bagholders are going to tell you?  And if this is the stage that you are at, you should not be telling us that you are collaborating, or even potentially collaborating with them.  
Activity: 478
In the reddit thread there was someone from bitcloud who was very interested in the XC tech. Has he been in touch yet?
Why are we collaborating with a coin that is 1 week old (utilitycoin)? 

That sounds unwise to me... chances are they are a P&D coin just using collaboration with XC to help push that initial pump...

Dan

Ya but they can sell you anything with sweet talk.  Test of time should be requirement... wait for a coin to be established and past it's initial P&D phase.  Especially with projects that have anonymous dev's like utility... its very unwise to collaborate with them IMO.
Activity: 756

That sounds unwise to me... chances are they are a P&D coin just using collaboration with XC to help push that initial pump...

Dan

* Add's label

Dan

Dan,

After the last time i asked did some research and now understand the need for re-entering the public key for Xchat.
But at the same time i feel this will limit the adaptation of XChat by non tech/altcoin people, just because its just a lot of hassle & they have no idea what a private key is. For many i know a XC address looks crazy enough.
Is there some (anon related) reason for not letting the wallet discover the public key by itself before encrypting the channel or do you think there is some way to build this tech into the core protocol before going public?

grtz

I have a different solution for this, using a basic blockchain 2.0 service, the user can register a nickname/alias assigned to the public/private key pair which eliminates that process altogether.  Thus you just add the "nickname/alias"

Dan

XC should really only be collaborating with coins that are established and well past that initial P&D phase...
Activity: 361

* Add's label

Dan

Dan that is a Rev 3 feature in the road map sneaky you!  Grin

The requests for group chat drove this feature to the top of the list!!!!

* Ruble Code review

Dan

"Britcoin license Rev 1 mixer code"

XC will license out it's mixer coding?
Activity: 714
Ok, there will be limitations in my block explorer.

Just finished a dynamic caching module in the back-end because some transactions where just to much for a browser to handle.
eg: if one or more outputs are not spend i let the browser render the graph, if all outputs are spend the svg is served without the need for any end-user processing. Simply because unspend outputs can change the graph & i needed some simple & quick caching able to run in the cloud.

But visualizing seemingly simple things can give crazy results, check this out: Thats a 6x times zoom in
[snip]
(https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?f14319b3154e5f6f1c0c46af46159d46308abb47b4e86710af23d8885e81d964.htm)

Just someone scraping together about 300 seperate inputs into a single tx-out without time-frame, this has nothing to do with anon (no multisigs)

Funny to see how (only for XC) regulair Anon transactions are more easy to handle by a browser (visual tech wise) and how some people had concerns about bloat because of the XCoinshuffle thats part of the anon:D

Overall ... am almost there ...
Where do you get that stuff from? People say it looks awesome, but I honestly can't figure out why or even how to read it.

Do you need to download a program for it?
Activity: 978

* Add's label

Dan

Dan,

grtz

* Add's label

Dan

Dan that is a Rev 3 feature in the road map sneaky you!  Grin

The requests for group chat drove this feature to the top of the list!!!!

* Ruble Code review

Dan
Ok, there will be limitations in my block explorer.

Just finished a dynamic caching module in the back-end because some transactions where just to much for a browser to handle.
eg: if one or more outputs are not spend i let the browser render the graph, if all outputs are spend the svg is served without the need for any end-user processing. Simply because unspend outputs can change the graph & i needed some simple & quick caching able to run in the cloud.

But visualizing seemingly simple things can give crazy results, check this out: Thats a 6x times zoom in
[img snip]
(https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?f14319b3154e5f6f1c0c46af46159d46308abb47b4e86710af23d8885e81d964.htm)

Just someone scraping together about 300 seperate inputs into a single tx-out without time-frame, this has nothing to do with anon (no multisigs)

Funny to see how (only for XC) regulair Anon transactions are more easy to handle by a browser (visual tech wise) and how some people had concerns about bloat because of the XCoinshuffle thats part of the anon:D

Overall ... am almost there ...

Looks amazing!  Wow, I can't wait for this to go live!
Activity: 462
I feel so out of the loop. I haven't been able to try XChat at all yet because I'm on a Mac.  Cry
Activity: 700

* Add's label

Dan

Dan that is a Rev 3 feature in the road map sneaky you!  Grin
Jump to: