Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 246. (Read 1484189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Oh i forgot. its a long term investment. so our pathetic volume right now is something to joke about cause at least our little group of buddys can use group chat now.

Remeber mintpal is down for 24hours

oh give me a break with f***ng mintpal. doesn't hurt others that much.
I agree, we need more volume, otherwise people might start leaving XC and that will result in a price drop that XC will probably not recover from.

I don't think that's true. XC's tech is so strong that the price at any given point is completely unimportant. Tech like this is incredibly valuable; it's just a matter of when external factors coincide to facilitate the price coming to reflect its true value.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Oh i forgot. its a long term investment. so our pathetic volume right now is something to joke about cause at least our little group of buddys can use group chat now.

I agree, we need more volume, otherwise people might start leaving XC and that will result in a price drop that XC will probably not recover from.
Activity: 700

Market is rigged too many shit coins. Xc will bring back sanity after rev3
Activity: 882

Activity: 840

legendary
So if my Internet drops out while I am mixing, I get banned and I can't send XC anymore?

Or am I wrong here? Please explain this a bit better.

No. Dan stated on the previous page that there's a rating system, and nodes that don't sign a transaction get downrated.

Also, this system is being upgraded for Rev 3.

Finally this system is not to ensure the security of your coins, since nodes that drop out can't steal anything (i.e. security is no issue). Rather, the rating system is to prevent DOS attacks on the network. Nodes that attempt to systematically and intentionally drop out of the network get downrated and therefore can't continue to do so.

So if my Internet drops out while I am mixing, I get banned and I can't send XC anymore?

Or am I wrong here? Please explain this a bit better.
legendary
okay to use XChat, make a new local wallet address, then right click to get your Pubkey - those 2 values are what you share

however in an upcoming release, you can just use your alias/username

Awesome; Thank you!

Yes and it will be decentralised  - (Proof of Identity)
If I wanted to understand this concept better, is there anything I could read?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Any chance we gonna do a custom Blockchain rather then using a general site?

Like this ?

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs8.postimg.org%2Fces4itd5h%2FXC_anon_spaghetti.png&t=544&c=q2q75gYW2DamXw

Credits to KimmyF

This still blows my mind everytime I see it.

Can you imagine when we have a lot more xmixers running as well...

Yes... if I squint my eyes and tilt my head slightly to the left I can discern the letters N O B L O A T.

Wink
I can understand where this idea comes from but complexity !== Bloat.
For those interested, moved the site into the Azure cloud a couple of days ago & am finalizing stuff.

Exactly... an extra input/out vs a whole new transaction saves a lot of bytes from the blockchain.   This isn't the Monero thread...

ps.  Can't wait to try your explorer.   Did you use a graphing library out there or did you code your own?  I just didn't have time to finish mine yet... Sad
legendary

Like this ?

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs8.postimg.org%2Fces4itd5h%2FXC_anon_spaghetti.png&t=544&c=q2q75gYW2DamXw

Credits to KimmyF

Yes... if I squint my eyes and tilt my head slightly to the left I can discern the letters N O B L O A T.

Wink
For those interested, moved the site into the Azure cloud a couple of days ago & am finalizing stuff.

Great news Kimmy. Can't wait until it's out.
Activity: 978

Like this ?

Credits to KimmyF

Wink
Activity: 324
Rev2 was released weeks ago and we still don't have a linux client. when is the ETA for a Rev2 linux client?

It sucks that one has to buy a windows license to use the latest version of XCurrency.

I agree, linux client is coming in the next few days

Dan

thanks for the info. looking forward to the release Smiley
Activity: 756
Rev2 was released weeks ago and we still don't have a linux client. when is the ETA for a Rev2 linux client?

It sucks that one has to buy a windows license to use the latest version of XCurrency.

I agree, linux client is coming in the next few days

Dan
legendary
N O B L O A T.

Wink

Correct. Each mixing transaction (between many users) is a single atomic transaction, recorded on the blockchain as such.

This means a whole lot less transactions, and less bloat overall.

Jump to: