Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFNT] [AOBT] The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - page 8. (Read 13266 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
(...) Not an excuse, but it would be of great help for us if original authors, aware of the voluntary work we do here, posted a notice in this thread when major changes occur.
I take the blame on this one and I am sorry. I should had come here after the initial change (after adding the new prize) but I thought that it would make sense to wait until the voting phase opened. My mistake was the fact that I totally forgot about it after that update. Won't happen again.

Gazeta also warned me about your efforts to translate the topic, so thank you all for this (and the remaining work that you do for the community).
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
Still on this subject, our own AOBT OP translation needs updates in some languages:

Our ANN in Local Boards:TurkishGermanRussianPidgin

So this should be in the attention of mindrust, Buchi-88, zasad@ and Hatchy

Good day @ GazetaBitcoin and @ Porfirii, I've finished updating my translation of the BitcoinTalk pie baking contest 🥧 Bitcointalk Pie Baking Contest - 2nd edition 🥧

And also that of our op. Pidgin . So sorry for the delays,been so busy lately. Happy 1 year anniversary to AOBT gang.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
BTW, don't forget to share what you think about translating any of these topics, and/or feel free to make your own proposals. I also remember that even those who are not members of the Alliance can make suggestions in this regard.

From my perspective I'd vote for translating Recovering hacked/lost accounts. The other topics are very long and, seeing the struggle with the previous (and current) suggested long topics, I believe that our group members would have an easy life is a short topic is proposed... Also looking back, when we had short topics proposed, things went smooth... so maybe select this one now, as it is short...

Yes, it makes sense. I had to divide the last translation in three parts before finishing it, so better a short one now to compensate.

The post is quite old but afaik it is not outdated. As usual, let's wait a few days just in case and if no one has any objection we'll add it to the list.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
If anyone need the BBCode I pasted it there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63825515

Thanks paid2! At same time, Rick also unlocked the thread so anyone can use the BBCode from both locations now (yours or Rick's).

As an effect of this, my translation is updated.

BTW, don't forget to share what you think about translating any of these topics, and/or feel free to make your own proposals. I also remember that even those who are not members of the Alliance can make suggestions in this regard.

From my perspective I'd vote for translating Recovering hacked/lost accounts. The other topics are very long and, seeing the struggle with the previous (and current) suggested long topics, I believe that our group members would have an easy life is a short topic is proposed... Also looking back, when we had short topics proposed, things went smooth... so maybe select this one now, as it is short...
legendary
-snip-

btw i have finally managed to translate this very interesting topic: Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument from fillippone into german and thus make it available for the german local board: Widerlegung des Arguments "Bitcoin ist eine Umweltkatastrophe"

Great job cygan! I've just added the link to the corresponding list.

Dear AoBTers,

-snip- I think that we should add at least a new topic to the list, so the translators who finished the two translations that are still in progress can continue contributing in their local boards. A few ideas about pinned topics of utmost relevance:

What do you think? would you like us to add any (or all) of them to our list?

-snip-

Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
That's a very good observation, thanks cygan and thanks Porf for the PM. The onbly issue here is the topic is locked, thus we don't have acces to Rick's BBCode. However, I PMed him and kindly asked him to unlock the topic, in order to be able to access the BBCode too. This would make the update much easier.

If anyone need the BBCode I pasted it there: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63825515

Will update my translation asap.

Happy birthday to AOBT!!!
legendary
i've now sporadically visited some of the translations quoted above and unfortunately realized that they don't include the latest changes RickDeckard made in the op Tongue
in addition, almost every translation now lacks the new link to the current voting, which started yesterday... Undecided
You are right cygan, and I sent last night a PM to all the translators who didn't update their OPs so all of them are now aware of it.

That's a very good observation, thanks cygan and thanks Porf for the PM. The onbly issue here is the topic is locked, thus we don't have acces to Rick's BBCode. However, I PMed him and kindly asked him to unlock the topic, in order to be able to access the BBCode too. This would make the update much easier.

Still on this subject, our own AOBT OP translation needs updates in some languages:

Our ANN in Local Boards:TurkishGermanRussianPidgin

So this should be in the attention of mindrust, Buchi-88, zasad@ and Hatchy

I finally finished fillippone's translation into Spanish
btw i have finally managed to translate this very interesting topic: Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument from fillippone into german

Big thumbs up to both Porf and cygan! Cheesy cygan, do you think you may translate it in Polish as well? No pressure here, of course, just asking...

Also, as a heads-up, fillippone's topic has now 6 translations and one more is in progress (French one), so only 3 would be needed to consider it finished.

BTW, I am pleased to announce that a few days ago we celebrated AoBT's FIRST YEAR on the forum! Congratulations to you all, and thank you for your commitment, good work, and company, my Bitcointalk fam Smiley

Happy anniversary to us, AOBTers! Hooooray!!!
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
✂️
You are right cygan, and I sent last night a PM to all the translators who didn't update their OPs so all of them are now aware of it.
✂️

big thanks for this! Smiley

btw i have finally managed to translate this very interesting topic: Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument from fillippone into german and thus make it available for the german local board: Widerlegung des Arguments "Bitcoin ist eine Umweltkatastrophe"
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
Not an excuse, but it would be of great help for us if original authors, aware of the voluntary work we do here, posted a notice in this thread when major changes occur.

Yes @ Porfirii , I got your pm and promise to update my translation once I'm less busy but it won't be longer than this week.
legendary

i have to get something off my chest again... i mentioned the same topic back then with all the translations of joker_josue's topic TalkImg.com

i've now sporadically visited some of the translations quoted above and unfortunately realized that they don't include the latest changes RickDeckard made in the op Tongue
in addition, almost every translation now lacks the new link to the current voting, which started yesterday... Undecided

at this point i wish all aobt members would take more care when it comes to maintaining their own translations

just my 2 satoshis

Not an excuse, but it would be of great help for us if original authors, aware of the voluntary work we do here, posted a notice in this thread when major changes occur.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange

i have to get something off my chest again... i mentioned the same topic back then with all the translations of joker_josue's topic TalkImg.com

at this point i wish all aobt members would take more care when it comes to maintaining their own translations

just my 2 satoshis
legendary
Dear AoBTers,

I finally finished fillippone's translation into Spanish, and although it took me some time it's worth the effort, so I encourage you to do the same and share the author's interesting point of view on this matter, which is not what we are used to read in the mainstream social media.

In addition, I think that we should add at least a new topic to the list, so the translators who finished the two translations that are still in progress can continue contributing in their local boards. A few ideas about pinned topics of utmost relevance:

What do you think? would you like us to add any (or all) of them to our list?

BTW, I am pleased to announce that a few days ago we celebrated AoBT's FIRST YEAR on the forum! Congratulations to you all, and thank you for your commitment, good work, and company, my Bitcointalk fam Smiley
legendary
Hey Gazeta, sorry for the delay. Can you tell me which one is the fifth one so I can add it to our list? it seems that one of them went unnoticed.

Oooops I wrote five instead four... You are right, only 4 translations exist at the moment for fillippone's topic. I mixed things up in my head, while counting also the ones in progress. So it's correct, there are only 4 translations made so far and 3 or 4 in progress (Spanish, French + German and / or Polish -- not sure in which language cygan will do the translation).

So there are 4 translations made and 3 or 4 more in progress. This means that 3 or 2 more are needed.

legendary
    dansus021 is working on translations

Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument by fillippone: [POL] [GER] [RUS] [TUR] [ITA] [UKR] [FIL] [ARA] [POR] [BAN]

It is Finally finished guys sorry it takes a long time  Cry

here is the Indonesia translation : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/membongkar-argumen-tentang-bitcoin-adalah-perusak-lingkungan-5487896

Translation added, good job dansus, this one deserved some more time and in fact you beat me and many others Wink congratulations.

It is Finally finished guys sorry it takes a long time

Great job dansus021! Now the topic reached 5 translations, although it's kind of long one and 2 more translations are in progress, as far as I know (in Spanish and French). As a plus, since cygan said he will also work on this translation (not sure of for both German and Polish or only one of them), then the topic will have at least 8 translations or maybe even 9.
    -snip-

Hey Gazeta, sorry for the delay. Can you tell me which one is the fifth one so I can add it to our list? it seems that one of them went unnoticed.[/list]
    legendary
    @Porfirii, I will like to make this translation to my local board, naija board, pidgin language. With you permission I will start.

Here is the link: 🥧 Bitcointalk Pie Baking Contest - 2nd edition 🥧

I think Porf is busy this weekend, so I will answer you to your request. It is very nice from you to come with this initiative, Chilwell, but please be aware that a Pidgin translation already exists for the Pie Baking Contest. It was performed by Hatchy and you can find it here.

At same time, if you wish, you can translate any of the topics proposed inside AOBT group, which you can find in post #2 of this thread. You can collaborate with the existent Pidgin translator (Hatchy) and I am sure he would be glad to receive a hand of help. But only take a careful look at the topics from post #2, in order to see which were already translated in your language and which are the ones without a translation in Pidgin.
    Activity: 560
    Merit: 408

Thank you gagux! We have finished translating the Bitcoin pie baking contest in record time Shocked

@RickDeckard, you can update the OP with all the 10 translations made so far Smiley

@Porfirii, I will like to make this translation to my local board, naija board, pidgin language. With you permission I will start.

Here is the link: 🥧 Bitcointalk Pie Baking Contest - 2nd edition 🥧
    legendary
    It is Finally finished guys sorry it takes a long time

Great job dansus021! Now the topic reached 5 translations, although it's kind of long one and 2 more translations are in progress, as far as I know (in Spanish and French). As a plus, since cygan said he will also work on this translation (not sure of for both German and Polish or only one of them), then the topic will have at least 8 translations or maybe even 9.

I made a translation  of fillippone's article "Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster".

Thank you DrBeer for this effort!

I decided to take up a fundamental, educational article by respected Husna QA - [Education] Bitcoin Privacy and Anonymity, an excellent article that should be studied "from the 1st grade of school". Smiley

Now this is a very bold and courageous move... I sincerely congratulate you for that. I know it will take a long time until you will finish, but I am sure you will have a great satisfaction at the end. That being said, with your translation this very long topic will reach 8 translations, which is something I did not see coming last year, when it was proposed. It's simply wow! Maybe two more users will try translating it thus it will finally reach 10 translations. I think Nalain420 and Hatchy too said they will try translating the topic and, if this will happen, it will be just perfect.

copper member
    Activity: 1988
    Merit: 905
    Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
    dansus021 is working on translations

It is Finally finished guys sorry it takes a long time  Cry

here is the Indonesia translation : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/membongkar-argumen-tentang-bitcoin-adalah-perusak-lingkungan-5487896
    legendary
    You are doing a great job DrBeer, thanks for translating so many topics and especially this one because it is harder than the others.

Please, don't forget to read the message in red and post that you finished this translation in the author's thread, in the correct format, as it is a sine qua non condition to translate his topics.

In view of the recommendations, read , and corrected as required ! Smiley
    I decided to take up a fundamental, educational article by respected Husna QA - [Education] Bitcoin Privacy and Anonymity, an excellent article that should be studied "from the 1st grade of school". Smiley

Thank you DrBeer! As per Husna's thread, it is very interesting indeed, but unfortunately most children (and many users in this forum) lack the basic knowledge to understand it (and even in my case, with difficulties in some very technical points, although I'm content to understand the main idea in these cases.

BTW, I remind you all there are only 9-10 days left to participate in the pie baking contest Smiley
    legendary
    Activity: 3752
    Merit: 1864
    You are doing a great job DrBeer, thanks for translating so many topics and especially this one because it is harder than the others.

Please, don't forget to read the message in red and post that you finished this translation in the author's thread, in the correct format, as it is a sine qua non condition to translate his topics.

In view of the recommendations, read , and corrected as required ! Smiley
    Pages:
    Jump to: