Pages:
Author

Topic: Help me translate my best posts in your Local Board - page 6. (Read 6347 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Please welcome onboard the news translation:
Activity: 1820
Merit: 775
I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)
Thanks for the info, it's the images that are the problem for me, it takes forever (for me...)
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6520
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Maybe you missed it.
@tryninja just developed a tool to automatically scrape all of your posts and convert everything from imgur to talkimg.
As soon as @joker_josue finishes server maintenance, it will be possible to successfully fire the script.

Thank you, I noticed that post. But I prefer to do the dirty job with my bare hands Smiley (You should have known by now that I always do the dirty jobs with my bare hands, right? =))) ) This way I know for sure I fixed all images. As you can read inside that post, some may be missed...
legendary
Thank you so much for your effort.

You are very welcome Smiley

I will reupload my images exactely how you suggested.
It will take time though.

At least it'll be a shorter time than the time it was needed to save these images too...

However, I suggest you to start saving the images from the other topics you have... These ones are already saved by me and you can update their links anytime. But your other images, from other topics, are still in danger, if imgur will delete all these old images...

Besides, do you think you can also recover the image from Safu Ninja's website? That was the only one I could not retrieve, as I did not know where to search for it on that website.

Maybe you missed it.
@tryninja just developed a tool to automatically scrape all of your posts and convert everything from imgur to talkimg.
As soon as @joker_josue finishes server maintenance, it will be possible to successfully fire the script.

Here’s the link:

[Script] Imgur to TalkImg - automatically fix your broken images
legendary

You are very welcome Smiley

At least it'll be a shorter time than the time it was needed to save these images too...

However, I suggest you to start saving the images from the other topics you have... These ones are already saved by me and you can update their links anytime. But your other images, from other topics, are still in danger, if imgur will delete all these old images...

Besides, do you think you can also recover the image from Safu Ninja's website? That was the only one I could not retrieve, as I did not know where to search for it on that website.
legendary
Gazeta,

Thank you again for what you have done here.
legendary
Dear fillippone, in case you are not aware, imgur will stop supporting images uploaded on our forum. There is a very short time frame until these images can be saved from imgur: the change will apply on May 15th. So it's not just the fact that the pictures do not show on the forum anymore; imgur will also delete them.

As a consequence, after a tremendous effort, I managed to save all the images from my topics and re-upload them. Now all my topics contain visible images.

Among my topics there are also all the translations of your topics. Since I don't think you wish the save all your images from your topics one by one, then re-upload them then change all their links from inside your topics, you can simply take their URLs from my translations. I hope this helps.

There is only one picture which I can't access, from the topic Securing Your Seed Phrase with Washers. It's the image https://safu.ninja/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/safu0-2048x996.jpg. This one is not affected by imgur, but it just does not show up anymore. If you can fix it it would be awesome, as all the other images are secured now.

Now I'll try to fix as many images as I can from the other posts I made. But, at least, the images from the topics are fixed...
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
🔐Icarus CEO💳
@fillippone and to all users who have translated his topics
since tonight all imgur links are no longer working and therefore all images (uploaded through imgur) that were then posted in the respective threads are no longer displayed. Undecided
but if you open the respective link such as this one: https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/14/blobaf18dd3497be5b9d.jpeg in your browser, the image is displayed.
to fix the problem, so that the images are displayed again, the user joker_josue has created with his tool/website TalkImg a very good alternative, which i already use for a few days weeks without problems. Smiley

TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk
legendary
🔐Icarus CEO💳
a few days ago i translated this topic: There are 2^256 private keys out there: how big is that number? into german:

i will now take up the request and start translating the challenging thread listed below into german:

Activity: 1820
Merit: 775
I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)
Hello,

I will try to do my best for the french local section. First as you said, I must clearly understand the topic and then will translate. I take this one first : Securing Your Seed Phrase with Washers

Have a nice day
legendary
Thank you @cygan for a new translation:

legendary
indeed, f1' topics are much more specific and also contain specific words throughout the texts. but that doesn't mean in any way that they are much more interesting than your GazetaBitcoin - it's just a different subject, which also needs a lot of attention. Smiley

Of course there is no need reminding you I am here to help. In case you find some difficult concept, I can help you understanding it, as it is of utter importance in order to render it in the best way in your home language.

And of course, even if you find any error or typos you are more than welcome to signal it and make me aware of it.
legendary
🔐Icarus CEO💳
indeed, f1' topics are much more specific and also contain specific words throughout the texts. but that doesn't mean in any way that they are much more interesting than your GazetaBitcoin - it's just a different subject, which also needs a lot of attention. Smiley
as you mentioned, i try to translate all my translations (whether into polish or german) as carefully as i can. i read through everything 2-3 times to make sure it all makes sense.
but fillippone should not worry about my 'work' Wink
legendary
to avoid complications and at the same time someone else wants to translate the topic into german, i want to tell you today that i am already working on the following thread [...]

Oh boy, it seems that cygan is in a translation spree mood: after translating 11 of my topics in Polish now he came also for fillippone's topics Smiley

Joke aside, I totally recommend him for his professional attitude and for all the efforts he does for such work. At same time, I have a recommendation for cygan: please be aware that fillippone's topics will be (way) more difficult to translate than mine. They are very long (most of them), having 4000+ - 6000+ words and they also include many technical aspects. For me, as I am also a dedicated translator, it was a great challenge to translate all fillippone's topics. They are very useful but it takes a lot of work for translating them (I can't even imagine how much time fillippone spent to write them) and the technical details may seem difficult here and there. Nevertheless, I encourage you to do it and I am sure you'll do a great job!
Activity: 434
Merit: 500
Hi, I’m interested in translating one of your post to the naija local board. So I’d like to make a reservation to translate this post into pidgin language just so if another person also wants to do the same.
there are 2^256 private keys out there: How big is that number?
legendary
🔐Icarus CEO💳
to avoid complications and at the same time someone else wants to translate the topic into german, i want to tell you today that i am already working on the following thread:
legendary
Thany you to my friendly monster friend Gazette

Loooooool!

for the incredible work he has done so fare on this thread.
His two latest works [...]
Have just been added to the OP list.

Thank you again!

Thank you as well, dear fillippone! I am very glad to see my name again in your OP!
legendary
Thany you to my friendly monster friend GazetaBitcoin for the incredible work he has done so fare on this thread.
His two latest works:

Have just been added to the OP list.

Thank you again!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
My dear fillippone, please do not forget to add those two topics to OP as well  Roll Eyes
Yeah these two topics are new addition to the translation work so it must be reflected in the OP so that earlier confusions can be avoided of doing the same topic in same language.There are members who might not go through these posts above but can check the OP so he needs to update them.
legendary
Let me state here it wasn’t a long work because Gazeta was a lazy translator, but because he really wanted to make and exacptionally well written translation!

Blushing  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thank you , friendly stalking monster, because of your great job!

Anytime, amico mio!

Gazeta + fillippone = endless love:

You are a monster
Gazeta + fillippone be like

Gazeta, the friendly monster

Although I don't understand the language but from the first impression it looks like you have done amazing job as usual.The translation is not easy when it consists of useful information that needs to be shared in the right manner with good choice of words but also that local essence that reader feel comfortable and understand it better.So well done again man.

Thank you, aysg76! Indeed, making a translation idiomatic is very, very important! I try to do this with all my translations.

My dear fillippone, please do not forget to add those two topics to OP as well  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: