Pages:
Author

Topic: Help me translate my best posts in your Local Board - page 7. (Read 6347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
It's been a huge work and I feel more than pleased to know that I managed to translate both of them. Each topic has 6000+ words, therefore the translations were very challenging. In the end, these two very well organized articles are available in Romanian language!

Thank you, fillippone, for all the support you gave me during the translations!
Although I don't understand the language but from the first impression it looks like you have done amazing job as usual.The translation is not easy when it consists of useful information that needs to be shared in the right manner with good choice of words but also that local essence that reader feel comfortable and understand it better.So well done again man.

Let me state here it wasn’t a long work because Gazeta was a lazy translator, but because he really wanted to make and exacptionally well written translation!
With you slacking he also might have taken this opportunity  Grin but he has done it before the next topic.

So when are we going to have another one of your detailed thread on some good topic so that more translations are on the way to reach local boards?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

After a long work

Let me state here it wasn’t a long work because Gazeta was a lazy translator, but because he really wanted to make and exacptionally well written translation!

Thank you , friendly stalking monster, because of your great job!

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6520
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

After a long work, I am finally able to say that I finished translating the topics Everything you wanted to know about ES Volcano Bond and were afraid to ask! and Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument. Their translations can be found here: Tot ce voiai să știi despre Obligațiunile din ES dar îți era teamă să întrebi! and here: Demitizarea argumentului “Bitcoin este un dezastru pentru mediu”.

It's been a huge work and I feel more than pleased to know that I managed to translate both of them. Each topic has 6000+ words, therefore the translations were very challenging. In the end, these two very well organized articles are available in Romanian language!

legendary
Sincerely speaking, I think no one of those threads is worth local translations unless Bitcoin ETF is a tradable object in the corresponding local market.
I think they are not relevant enough for a local translation.
I am also having the same thought that each thread which have more merits should not be translated into local language but the one which will serve a purpose to the audience of that local board.Like many of your threads are helpful to people in enhancing their knowledge about bitcoin and safety of funds like the seed washers which they also should have look upon and they need to be translated for them.This way the helpful threads by you will reach to them as members in this thread and @GazetaBitcoin are doing well but you mentioning this is appreciated.
legendary
Sincerely speaking, I think no one of those threads is worth local translations unless Bitcoin ETF is a tradable object in the corresponding local market.
I think they are not relevant enough for a local translation.
legendary
Ahah my friend. Thank you for stalking my threads.

Hihi!

Regarding the eligibility for a translation, you are allowed to translate every post you deem it worth, you certainly don’t need my agreement to do so.

I know, but I was also thinking to give you a heads-up for which topics of yours became recently eligible for being added here to OP. I imagined that it's possible for you to not want to add them all, no matter the fact that they became eligible based on the 50 merits rule, therefore I wanted also to settle this first.

As per your request, I think some posts are more useful to be translated than a others. Post with “global audience”, with “static” content, and with local language  material can be more usefully translated.

And, as I anticipated, you are saying that only some of them should be translated / added to OP Smiley So my idea was good.

The ideal post to translate it would be the one about debunking the environmental impact of bitcoin, provided you can find enough material in the local language.
Also the thread on ES bond could be interesting, if it were still “alive” as a topic.
As opposed , the lightning network observer I think it is a little bit too “chatty” to be translated.

Okay, then our list looks like this now:

Please let me also know your input for the remaining threads: the one about Bitcoin losing its user base, the one about innovation and also the one about ETF, although it's not yet eligible, as it did not receive 50 merits yet. But I'd like to know if you add this one to OP too, in case it'll receive 50 merits, thus I know from now if I should prepare to translate it too Smiley
legendary
So I used the @ddmrddmr Bitcointalk Merit Dashboard to look at my most merited posts (the ones which got more than 50 merits) and I am posting here, so you can read them, and, if you like, translate them in your local board.

My dear friend, most likely, you earn merits in such a fast pace that you don't notice anymore when some of your topics become eligible to be listed here, based on the rule you stated above. I took a look over your topics and I think the following ones can now be added to the list:

Everything you wanted to know about ES Volcano Bond and were afraid to ask!
Is Bitcointalk.org losing user base?
Lightning Network Observer
Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument
A Look at Innovation in Bitcoin’s Technology Stack [complete with references]

Besides, this topic should be also eligible soon: Everything you wanted to know about a future Based ETF and were afraid to ask.

Please let me know if you consider these topics feasible to be added to OP and, based on your decision, I will start soon working on them Smiley

Ahah my friend. Thank you for stalking my threads.

Regarding the eligibility for a translation, you are allowed to translate every post you deem it worth, you certainly don’t need my agreement to do so. Provided you follow the rules regarding clearly linking my original post, of course.

As per your request, I think some posts are more useful to be translated than a others. Post with “global audience”, with “static” content, and with local language  material can be more usefully translated.

The ideal post to translate it would be the one about debunking the environmental impact of bitcoin, provided you can find enough material in the local language.
Also the thread on ES bond could be interesting, if it were still “alive” as a topic.
As opposed , the lightning network observer I think it is a little bit too “chatty” to be translated.
legendary
So I used the @ddmrddmr Bitcointalk Merit Dashboard to look at my most merited posts (the ones which got more than 50 merits) and I am posting here, so you can read them, and, if you like, translate them in your local board.

My dear friend, most likely, you earn merits in such a fast pace that you don't notice anymore when some of your topics become eligible to be listed here, based on the rule you stated above. I took a look over your topics and I think the following ones can now be added to the list:

Everything you wanted to know about ES Volcano Bond and were afraid to ask!
Is Bitcointalk.org losing user base?
Lightning Network Observer
Debunking the "Bitcoin is an environmental disaster" argument
A Look at Innovation in Bitcoin’s Technology Stack [complete with references]

Besides, this topic should be also eligible soon: Everything you wanted to know about a future Based ETF and were afraid to ask.

Please let me know if you consider these topics feasible to be added to OP and, based on your decision, I will start soon working on them Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 666
Thanks to GazetaBitcoin, who was kind enough to provide us with another excelllent translation:

Hi Fillippone, I would love to translate this same topic into our Nigerian Pidgin language “unofficial local board”. I will commence immediately you give me a go ahead. I will take my time to give it an excellent translation that will be useful in my local board.

Thanks.
legendary
I encourage everyone to follow Gazeta footsteps. Translating is a long and tedious work, that needs patience and accuracy to be well executed.
But the reward, not in merit terms, but in the knowledge spreading, is definitely worth the effort
And that local touch of the language is very necessary that he sparks in the translation of the threads giving readers a better understanding of the content.See I would say copying him exactly would be hard for those who are new and trying to translate the post but yes giving a view on his translated posts would be of much help to them.

I admit that translating posts into local languages is not an easy job, therefore this work cannot be done by just anyone. In certain sections, every word or sentence must be carefully considered so that it is easy for local users to understand.
I'm very interested in translating your best posts into my local language (Indonesian), but I need some time to get started because I've never done it before.
Yes translation is not an easy task and especially for our Italian geek friend @fillippone with his long and detailed thread as it will take lot of time and efforts but if you want to give it a shot then you can surely do it but want to know it's your first translation that you are interested in? If yes then give some normal tries first hand and then move to the big topics so that you are portraying right information to the readers with you also having the same knowledge of local language.

Also specify in this thread beforehand which post you are going to translate and in which local language so that there is no confusion among members but take your time.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Jokes apart, grazie, fillippone, for these words! Your appreciation means a lot for me. A (big) lot.

I encourage everyone to follow Gazeta footsteps. Translating is a long and tedious work, that needs patience and accuracy to be well executed.
But the reward, not in merit terms, but in the knowledge spreading, is definitely worth the effort
I admit that translating posts into local languages is not an easy job, therefore this work cannot be done by just anyone. In certain sections, every word or sentence must be carefully considered so that it is easy for local users to understand.
I'm very interested in translating your best posts into my local language (Indonesian), but I need some time to get started because I've never done it before.
legendary
Basically, you are the “Rosetta Stone” of this thread

Yes, I am the main pillar holding its entire weight! Smiley

Jokes part, you are a true example of commitment!

Jokes apart, grazie, fillippone, for these words! Your appreciation means a lot for me. A (big) lot.

legendary
Basically, you are the “Rosetta Stone” of this thread

Yes, I am the main pillar holding its entire weight! Smiley

legendary
Those interested in making this translation will have to write their own BBCode for the translation which is a bit more of work, indeed, but nothing not doable. The topic itself is very interesting and I was amazed to see all big numbers mentioned inside it. Therefore, I am also encouraging other users to try this translation, which requires just a bit more effort than the other topics.

Basically, you are the “Rosetta Stone” of this thread, allowing for more translation of my unintelligible BBCode.

legendary

Excepting that, if anybody else is interested in translating this topic, I'll have to give you a heads-up: thread is currently locked by mods, thus you can't quote it, in order to have the BBCode already prepared (by fillippone's original writing). Those interested in making this translation will have to write their own BBCode for the translation which is a bit more of work, indeed, but nothing not doable. The topic itself is very interesting and I was amazed to see all big numbers mentioned inside it. Therefore, I am also encouraging other users to try this translation, which requires just a bit more effort than the other topics.
His topics has always been interesting one and preety detailed one and when you are translating them there is a responsibility on you to have all the details in correct order as you are sharing information from them and it must be right.

But those are interested in translating the topic can take the help of this thread to quote from the lock topic but it would be a work for newbies to handle all this but they can follow these guidelines for translation work to quote topic.
legendary
Thanks to GazetaBitcoin, who was kind enough to provide us with another excelllent translation:

As always, I am more than happy for being able to help. My biggest problem is lack of free time and, although I proposed myself to realize this translation since August, it seems that we arrived at end of September until it was finally done... Better later than never, I guess Smiley

Excepting that, if anybody else is interested in translating this topic, I'll have to give you a heads-up: thread is currently locked by mods, thus you can't quote it, in order to have the BBCode already prepared (by fillippone's original writing). Those interested in making this translation will have to write their own BBCode for the translation which is a bit more of work, indeed, but nothing not doable. The topic itself is very interesting and I was amazed to see all big numbers mentioned inside it. Therefore, I am also encouraging other users to try this translation, which requires just a bit more effort than the other topics.
legendary
What am I thinking about on these days?
Thank you very much for making me notice it.
It happens sometimes as you are currently engaged in so many different activities on the forum itself and IRL task as well which could make us do these little mistakes but you know there's always back support on the forum to correct and notice it Wink

Just write here on the thread so we can coordinate the efforts.
Yes they must clearly specify here that which thread they are going to translate so as to avoid any double efforts that we have seen last time and others can know which they can choose.But it's good that you are giving them open choice with 50 merits limit so that only the effective one's reach out to the mass.

So, you can use the @ddmrddmr tool to determine which post/thread is eligible:

No need to wait for my approval.
The @DdmrDdmr merit dashboard is very much effective tool and we can tweak and optimise the search in many ways if we know how to do it but you have so many post with 50 above merit limit which is great and beleive how many others might be having the same stats?
legendary
OK I understand now.
I was thinking the post must be among the once listed in the OP that's why I asked.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes. Also don’t take the 50 merits as an hard limit, but as a guidance. You want to translate a post you think it is useful? Please do.
Just write here on the thread so we can coordinate the efforts.
Activity: 798
Merit: 723
OK I understand now.
I was thinking the post must be among the once listed in the OP that's why I asked.
Thanks for the feedback.
legendary

What am I thinking about on these days?
Thank you very much for making me notice it.
You previously stated that you would work on adding more threads for translation; we have been waiting to translate your good threads to our local communities, but no thread has been added to be translated.
Should we keep waiting while you work on it?

You can translate whatever post of mine.
I said in Op that I just wanted it to be useful to everyone (hence, the KYCless ATM thread is not eligible), and that have gathered at least 50 merits.

So, you can use the @ddmrddmr tool to determine which post/thread is eligible:

Pages:
Jump to: